The Adventure Continues

Sorry this chapter is really short.

The ending was just right to end for me.

Enjoy.

The Adventure Continues

Instead of a new snowy terrain, we landed in a middle of a rainforest, in front of what seemed like a tree house. It was newer looking, looking like it was maybe built somewhere in this year. It was pretty high up with a staircase carved into the thick trunk. A nervous feeling washed over me and I just knew something bad would happen. I stayed close to Shadow, not taking my gaze off the door of the house. Shadow didn't seem to care, easily walking up toward the tree and started walking upward.

We didn't talk at all for the time being, just until we walked up toward the door.

"This is to new," Shadow said.

"Really?" I mumbled looking at the rather futuristic passcode thingy.

Shadow tapped at the thing and watched it blink on.

"Crap we shouldn't be here..."Shadows eyes widened suddenly, grabbing my arm yet again and jumping down to the ground and I was shocked that we made it down safely without dying.

Shadow started mumbling to himself and then counted down to five. We both stood then, waiting for something, anything, to happen.

And then that was the first time Shadow strung out many cuss words I have ever heard.

"We have to leave, this isn't one of his bases," Shadow said, walking off.

"Wh-wait? What do you mean 'this isn't one of his bases'? His sign is right there!" I pointed to the sign of Eggman with the long mustache.

"I know," Shadow growled out.

"Then we are in the ri-" My voice faltered as I saw two robots slowly trudging along two other Mobians."

Shadow followed my gaze and we both jumped to hide behind several trees.

It was a good thing we just didn't stand there for too long because they came closer and I caught a glance at the Mobians. One had blue fur that was ragged and he seemed to be fighting while the other seemed worn out and telling the other to just shut it.

My eyes widened.

"Never mind," Shadow shook his head as we both stared at my parents and watched the robots take them into the tree house.

"We need to get them!" I stood up from my crouching position I took after I hid behind a tree.

"And then what?" Shadow glared standing up to but still staying hidden.

I silenced, knowing he had a point.

"I need to get Shade," Shadow closed his eyes and leaned against the tree," He can help us."

"How?" Shadow tensed up as I said that, looking as if he didn't want to be bothered.

His red ruby eyes flicked open to just glare at me and then close.

"He is an electricity type, he will be able to get that passcode lock to open."

"Oh," I nodded, hoping that Shade would hurry up, worried for my parents.

As we waited, I was completely losing my mind more and more. Shade seemed to be taking his time and Shadow kept hissing at me to stay still and quiet. I growled back at him telling him to be the one to shut up.

I was about to scream at the top of my lungs before a flash of gray happened and Shade appeared.

"Sorry for the wait I had to destroy a couple of things," Shade shrugged," Anyway, did you find them?"

"Yes," I said before Shadow could say anything,"They're in the tree house and we need you to open something."

Shade blinked as I said that rather to fast. The green hedgehog glanced at Shadow who explained that Shade had to open a passcode lock for us. I nodded to that and pointed up to the door that was hardly visible from up here.

"Oh," Shade mumbled and looked up at the sky," Great..."

Shadow gave a quick puzzled look and Shade shook his head. Shade cracked his knuckles and began to climb the stairs.

"He'll be right back after the door is open," Shadow informed.

I raised a brow as he knew this without Shade even saying anything.

"Okay...?" I nodded(how many times do I have to nod today?) slowly.

A couple of seconds passed before we saw Shade jump right in front of us.

"Oi," Shade smirked showing us the passcode in his hand," I disabled every single alarm, you could bust up everything you'd like."

"We just needed you to open the door," Shadow said

"Eh, I don't care, now go save your parents Sonic so you and Shadow live ever happy after."

"What the hell Shade!" Shadow half hissed half yelled.

Shade gave a two finger salute before disappearing.

I gave Shadow a look before running up the stairs and crashing through the door without bothering to even open it. Shade was right though and no alarm had blared on, alerting any type of robot guard here. Shadow joined rather shortly after I turned a corner. Now was hard part, staying quiet and finding my parents.

Any rational thought jumped out the window after I heard my Mom scream.

"Stay away from her!"

"Dad!" I ran toward the voices leaving Shadow to jump with surprise.

"Wait, Sonic we don't know what's going to happen!" Shadow yelled trying to chase after me, but I already reached the highest top of the building.

I hid behind a corner, peeking around it to see my parents being chased by the same two robots that dragged him here.

"Eggmans orders-" One robot said,"-must robotize-"

My eyes widened and without thinking I jumped out into the open.

"Yeah! Over my dead body!" I screamed and spin-dashed through the robot and into the other.

They went down as their circuits were destroyed.

Both my parents were surprised to see me there right in front of my eyes.

"Sweetie," My Mom slowly said," How are-what are you doing here?!"

I was shocked on why she would say that to me, but it took me awhile to realize that she was not talking to me, but to someone behind me. My eyes trailed to my Dad who seemed shocked as well. Turning my head, I saw Shadow standing there as well, looking surprised just like my parents were.

I shook my head and backed off into a wall to be able to see everyone.

"Hold up," I said," You know each other?"

"Your parents are Aleena and Jules?" Shadow growled, his gaze never feel from my parents faces.

"Are you friends with him?!" Both my parents growled at me.

"Okay what?" I shouted out.

Shadow growled out at my parents, taking a battle stance.

"What?"I said.

My Dad did the same thing.

Mom glanced at me," You do know that he is a Robotnik, right?"

My eyes widened even more than before.

"What?" I said.