Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Elsa

The day after Perri's funeral was pretty boring. Hic was able to get Jack out of his bedroom for breakfast. Punzie and Mer came over there with the four of us after we all ate.

"When are you guys going back?" Astrid asked Punzie. "About a week from now. You guys should come to Burgess some time." Punzie replied. "I wish. But we have school. Ugh." Astrid said and Punzie giggled.

Mer and Astrid don't actually talk with each other. I can think why...

"Do you think we can head to the beach? It's a thirty minute drive from here." Hic said. Jack frowned slightly.

"Sure. Jack, will you come?" I asked. He was sitting on the couch with Hic and us four were on the beanbags.

"... Do I have to?" He whined. "Yes! Perri would want you to have fun, not to stay in your room all day reading Dr. Suess." I said and he crossed his arms.

"Dr. Suess?" Mer asked. "It's kind of a long story." I said and Jack huffed. "Please come Jack." I insisted. "Why?" He asked.

"Because I said so." I replied crossing my arms like him. We didn't break eye contact or even blink. As he tried hard to keep his eyes open I raised an eyebrow.

He blinked repeatedly while he sighed. "Fine. I'll go."

We went back to our apartments and in Punzie and Mer's cases, the hotel to get beach stuff.

I changed into a blue bikini and put my hair in a bun as I put on some slippers. I put on a white crop top and shorts on top.

I got a beach towel, lotion, sunscreen, my sunglasses, earbuds, my iPhone, spare clothes, etc and packed them in a beach bag.

I went down to Astrid's apartment and waited for her. She showed up a minute later with the same stuff as me.

"Let's get going!" She said and we got in her car as we drove back to their place.

At the beach...

We all put our stuff down and ready before we decided on what we were doing first. "Let's swim!" Punzie said happily. "Sure, why not."

We took off the clothes covering our beach wear. My tattoos were visible and Mer and Punzie seemed to have noticed.

I looked over at Jack. His snowflake tattoo on his heart was showing. I've already seen it. "Wait a second, I just noticed that's the snowflake you drew the day you came to school." I said touching it.

"Yeah, and I got a key." He said and pointed to his shoulder blade. "It's for the heart locket on you." He said smiling. "Aw Jack." I said smiling.

As I admired the tattoo he picked me up and started running to the water. "Jack!" I shrieked and heard the others laughing. We came to the water and he threw me in.

The water is frigid, I could actually freeze. I shot up from the water shivering. "The water is cold you idiot!" I yelled laughing. He came over to me as he laughed along.

The others joined us in the water. They all started splashing each other. Somehow in this mess I had a conversation with Jack.

"Thank you." He said smiling. "For what?" I asked. "Being you. You help me through hard times. I'm thankful. You're amazing, snowflake. I love you." He said.

"I love you too. You do the same for me you know." I said before water was splashed in my face.

I coughed through the salty water and opened my eyes. "Okay, who did that?"