Chapter Seven- Intruders

Before he got past his room, he heard the door handle move. Deciding to stay quiet, he crept closer to the door. On the other side, two people were muttering over whatever incident had previously occurred. He picked his name out of the conversation and tried to listen closer. Hearing more in depth about the situation, he was hoping that it was just the neighbours bickering. He looked through the peephole, and seeing who it was, decided to step back. The door opened, slowly, as if the intruders wanted to keep a secret.
"So, what else were you hiding, Mikasa?" Eren announced. "Y'know, Mikasa, Armin, you two really need to learn how to be quieter."
Armin tried to open his mouth, but Eren shushed him. "What I was told was surprisingly accurate, so thank you, Mikasa. Being told every day that you're going to meet up with a friend gets suspicious if you do it daily. And Armin," Armin flinched when Eren stepped towards him.
"Shame on you, Armin. I thought you were the smart one, but lo and behold."
"Eren, I can explain,"
"Yes, and so can your girlfriend."
They tended up at her mention. Eren continued his rant.
"I can imagine that she was much kinder than I was, as you've described her as gentle. I wouldn't be surprised if she was hospitable to someone facing the same trauma that I am in this moment. In fact, I'm going to pack my things and go. Now."
He did as he said, cramming his things into two duffel bags in silent fury and walked out the door to make his way to Sasha and Connie's to spend the foreseeable future.