chapter 5

My graduation is tomorrow and Miranda still hasn't come.
Not that I was waiting for her- I mean, ok I want Miranda to come and take me away from here, I want to see the world with her, I hope she comes.

**************

I walk down the aisle and I accept my diploma, I turn around and I see Miranda who is standing in the middle of the floor plane ticket in hand and waving, I run towards her, but she keeps moving far away, i can't reach her.....

"Ahhhhhh!!!"

"Lucy, what's wrong sweet heart?"

My mother's voice rings in my ears once she opens the doors.

My breath almost gone from my lungs, my heartbeat like a rapid drum, my vision blurry as trying to see underwater, and my mind racing and thinking about what just happened.

I come back down to earth and respond with a heavy sigh before saying, "Nothing just a bad dream, mum, I'm fine."

"Ok, love just call if you need anything."
"Ok."

I lay back down, and try to back track on what my dream was about.

***********

My friends and I all graduate with honors and are hugging each other with the thoughts of 'this is goodbye, I will miss you' and 'don't forget me please'.

My father and my mother treat to a nice restaurant and take my for icecream.

When we reach home we see that the lights are on, we look at each other with looks of worry.

We walk the steps, Father hesitant to open the door, but when reached for the  knob of the door swung open and Miranda stood there with a smile on her face, I ran towards her and she hugged me, "I've missed you sister." She said with a husky voice, "Not like I've missed you." She chuckled at my response.

"Oh dear sister I can imagine."