Ralis x Reader

Why Does it Feel Like We Have No Escape?~

I cried as I banged on the cage. I don't know how I got here... All I remember was Ralis going psycho on his miners. Instead of heartlessly killing me (I almost typed kissing me-), he threw me in this cage. I don't know what time it is...day? Night? I have no idea. I jumped when I heard a metal door slam shut. I saw Ralis walk up to me, hands behind his back, smirking. 

"Ralis, why are you doing this?...Wait...you've been...worshiping...that..thing, haven't you?" I yelled. My voice was quivering with fear and from crying. He frowned.

"And why would I be bowing down to Ahzidal? You know, dear friend, I'd never. I made a promise," Ralis spat, growling. 

"You've told me before that you do, in fact, worship Ahzidal. You pass out, you end up killing innocent people, then you snap out of it and don't remember anything." Ralis stared at the ground, I could see pain in his red eyes.

"You don't have to do this." I added. Ralis growled and slammed his hands on the bars of the cage. 

"You don't understand!" He shouted. I saw tears streaming down his face. He sobbed, resting his head hard on the bars. He was shaking. I put my hand through the cage and placed it on his back. He jumped at my touch, backing away.

"I don't want to hurt you, okay?" Ralis muttered. I frowned and stepped away. I sat down on the cold, cement ground, and Ralis walked away. 

~

Ralis went to his room, sitting on his uncomfortable bed, thinking about what he should do. Should he save me? Should he continue his plans? He growled in frustration, then slammed his fists down hard on his desk. He put a hand to his forehead, bowing his head. He sighed, then got up and went to my cell. He took a key with him and we met eyes once again. His cheeks were wet with tears, and his whole body was shaking. He quickly unlocked the cell and was greeted with arms wrapping around his waist. He was afraid to hug back.

"I'm s-sorry..." He whispered. His voice was rough and quivery. He hugged me tightly, crying hard on my shoulder. I rubbed his back, feeling him tense up, but then relax. I sat against my cell wall, Ralis still hugging me. I leaned back and stroked his messed up hair. After a few minutes, Ralis fell asleep. I gently laid him down and laid next to him. I closed my eyes and fell asleep. 

~

When I woke up, Ralis was no where to be seen. Fearing the worst, I sat up quickly, and then fell back down. I've been stabbed. I coughed and laid on my back, staring at a bright light in my cage.

"You really fell for it, fool?" I heard Ralis' voice from the hallway. I saw him holding a knife with blood on it.

"Ralis please...I don't know what's happening to you but-"

"EXACTLY! You don't know! You haven't known all this time! Stop trying to know!" He screamed. He stumbled over, using a table for support.

"You have no idea....what I've gone through...." His hands slipped on the table, making him fall on the floor. He used his arms for support, I could now see the blood leaking from his mouth. He spat at me, blood flying in my direction, but too far to reach me. He sobbed suddenly, wincing as warm tears hit the cold floor. He rested his head on the floor, scraping his blood stained nails on the blood stained floor. My eyes widened at his form, tears welling up in my eyes. I wrapped a cloth that was in my cell around my injury, then rushed out. I knelt down to his height and pulled him up. 

"Why am I always...trying to escape...the grasp....of...Ahzidal...." Ralis muttered in between sobs and coughs of blood. "He...has... failed....me...." I dragged him basically to his room, finding medication for his black outs. I handed him the pill before he could black out and he swallowed it. He sighed and wrapped his arm around me.

"Thank you." He said in a groggy voice. He coughed out more blood and laid on his bed. I adjusted his pillows so he was sitting up slightly. He coughed up some more blood and pulled me close to him. I didn't pull back from his grasp. I smiled and hugged him, snuggling into his chest. He sighed and stroked my hair. His breath hitched as he was starting to feel light headed.

"Ralis...are you okay?" He weakly coughed, red liquid dripping down his chin.

"I'm sorry." he said before passing out. I sighed and splashed cold water on his face, waking him.

"Wait- how'd you-" He started.

"You're not passing out that easy, okay?" He shook his now wet and messed up hair, frowning.

"What if I wanted to? Would you allow me?" He crossed his soaked arms. I booped him and he sighed.

"Nope." He cleared his throat of the blood, and wiped his chin, seeing the blood.

"...My throat really hurts." He complained. He rested his head on mine, his wet hair dripping on my shoulder. I handed him a glass of cold water, and he drank it.

"How is it now-" Before I could finish, he spit it out and it was tinted red. That's not good. Ralis groaned in pain and laid back more.

"You'll be alright. Don't worry."  My hands glowed yellow and I placed them softly on his neck. He sighed, finally relaxing. 

"Now how is it?" He cleared his throat and smiled.

"Better..." I smiled and snuggled into him.

"If you need me...anytime and for any reason...don't be afraid to say something."

951 words