Chapter 6

{Look for notes at the end of this uwu~}

You huff, narrowing your eyes at Jeff. "Yeah, I did. Now gimme your jacket." He blanks out. "What..?" "Give me your jacket." "No" "Jeff!" "Why are you trying to keep her alive anyways!!!?" You stand up, leaning Chrissy's weight on you. "She's my homie! and so are you! And as homies we all ride or die together-" He starts backing up. "Uh, we're not homi-" "YeS We Are! In This Case if she dies, you die too. and after you die, i'll die. And I don't know about you, but I don't wanna die." The room was silent. With narrowed eyes, he finally caves in, grumbles and lifts the white clothing off of him, tossing it at you. "Whatever, i'll wait in the hall." He states, trudging out.

Chrissy coughs, you having to hold her back up from her hacking. "C'mon Chrissy, lets get you into a chair" She meekly nods, gripping your shoulder tightly as you slowly make it over to a chair, setting her in it gently. She groans, her head hanging as she closes her eyes. You scan over her stomach, noticing the bullet still lodged in her abdomen. You visibly wince. Chrissy, looking at you, nods. "Just get it over with..." She says, looking to the side. You get up and walk over to the dead body of Dr. Sikes, searching his pockets for...Ah! there it is!

You pull out some tweezers, chuckling.

Dr. Sikes always carried around tweezers for some reason. You found it funny when he would take them out and do his eyebrows in front a reflective surface. That mainly being the window on your door.

Turning, you go back over to Chrissy, kneeling down. "I'm sorry in advance" You say, moving your friends hand from the wound, and begin the process of removing the bullet.

~~~~~~~~

It was done, she was bullet free and had Jeff's jacket wrapped tightly around her wound.

Now the three of you were definitely on the move now. You practically carrying Chrissy so she doesn't slow your small group down.

Not to mention how the fucking guards are on their way. How could they not hear the loud ass boom coming from the room? You grumble and shift your hold on Chrissy so your arms didn't go numb on you.

The hallways were quiet, except for the loud stomping of your rushed steps- cold air blasting from the vents. But you're used to the cold. Besides...

The cold never bothered (me) you anyways. (*Runs into pole*) You chuckle at the inside joke, narrowing your eyes at the wall ahead of you. It seemed there's a map to this maze slapped right on there. You hurry. "There's a map on the wall over there." Jeff nods and proceeds to go forward.

As soon as you guys make it to the wall you stop, you trying to catch your breath. 'geez, Chrissy, you're heavy as hel-'Pain explodes suddenly as a hand bops you on the head. "Rude!" Chrissy huffs. You chuckle. "oops, did I say that out loud?" Jeff clears his throat, catching your attention. You and Chrissy look over, seeing he already found the pathway leading to the back doors. "So we just need 2 rights, 1 left, and just straight ahead from there" He states, moving his hand around the map and pointing.

You nod, smiling. "Good job Jeffy boy~" He groans. "Ugh, Don't call me that again." He crosses his arms, eyes narrowed. You can feel the annoyance melting off him. "Nah, I think the name suits you....Jeffy Boy-" Cutting you off, he growls and yells some profanities as you run down the right hallway, him chasing after you. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

10 minutes.

Or 15, you couldn't tell due to the lack of clocks in the area. But that's how long you've been running-no breaks. No stopping now. Not when freedom is so close.

Chrissy ended up passing out on your back, head propped on your shoulder. Your arms were around her legs-so she wouldn't fall- like you were giving her a piggyback ride. You already passed the two right turns, now needing to go one left and one straight. Thank god the hallways weren't that long.

But the real question so far is where the rest of security go? There's absolutely no way they could've NOT hear the gun fire. There should be a huge group of them storming in.

Unless...they want you to think your safe. Or maybe, maybe they're hiding? Ready to ambush? What if they were right around the corner? ...

Geez, how paranoid can you get? You shake your head to snap out of your thoughts. If they come, they'll die. Simple. No questions asked...

You come to the end of the hallway, now taking a left and going straight. You smile when you see the exit a few hundred feet away. 'Taking out the front desk lady should be easy!' You think, pace getting faster. Freedom is so close!!!

....Oddly enough though, when you get there, there was no soul sitting at the front desk. You narrow your eyes slightly. This was really unusual...why wasn't the receptionist there? Jeff strolls up beside you, his reaction the same. "The fuck? Where..?" "I don't know" You say quietly, surveying the surroundings.

This was no coincidence that there was no receptionist, or anybody else in the hall for that matter.

No.

This was all a set up.

Those steel front doors, the ones that would've led to your freedom, the ones that could've let you live your life the right way.... a death trap.

As soon as one of your worn hands opened that door it'd be over.

Your eyes narrowed in on those intimidating large doors, a bright red 'Exit' sitting tauntingly above.

"It's a trap." You say coldly, your arms tightening around Chrissy's body more securely. Jeff looks over to you, eyes almost unbelieving. "What do you mean "It's a trap?" "

"They're waiting for us to come out. Probably with a bunch of police men, guns at the ready." You look back over and lock eyes with him. "If we go out there, we die."

He takes a second to look at his surrounding before responding. "Well- well what do you suppose we do now then huh? Just go back and try to find another way out back? No, they probably have th-"

"The whole place surrounded. I know" You say, cutting him off. But, what were you supposed to do now? Just sit here and supposedly become dead by the guns being fired?

No.

You've waited your whole life for this, you've come so far to just this point. Everything just felt so pressuring now, the door, the hallways, the constant ticking of that stupid wall clock.
One of your close friends that worked here all of her life being injured....

Wait.

'Worked here all of her life'

Chrissy has worked here. She knows this place like the back of her hand.
She might know a way out.

"Chrissy, Chrissy wake up!" You use one of your hands to pat her on the face. Jeff stares questionably. "What are you doing?" "Chrissy has worked here pretty much her whole life Jeff- knowing that, she must know a secret way out right?" He stares some more before it clicked. "Oh shit! Wake her up then-"

After a few more pats on the face Chrissy opens her eyes and swats your hand away. "Wha...what the fuck y/n?"
You smile at her apologetically. "I'm sorry Chris, but right now it's a matter of life and death." Her shoulders tense, eyes more open now. "Y/n..."
"How can we get out of this?"
She looks to the side for a moment, seeming to contemplate something in her head.

" I know a way."

*** Notes***

Ahah.... hey there guys-

I see that people really enjoy this book.
I honestly wasn't expecting this.
I'm really grateful for all of you that have just kept onto this. I apologize for my lack of appearing and updating. I just was trying to get myself figured out, and just stay off of social media. It's worked, I'm never better now, thank you all for being so patient.... and no, I'm not gonna leave you on a cliff hanger like last time for so long-