Chapter 2

That night Jason sought to explore, and he found himself wandering a path in Elysium. He came across a figure standing in the moonlight and leaning against a fountain. He leaned against the other side, "Hi... I'm Jason." He didn't get a response, so he continued, "It's beautiful out... but it seems too perfect to be real. Which, I guess makes sense since it's not... but still. It's pretty." He paused when the figure huffed in amusement, "Back in Gotham, there was so much light pollution you can rarely see the moon... so this starlight is really new to me. I never imagined the first time I saw a star, I'd be dead... but I guess there were a lot of things I never imagined. Getting a decent dad, mom dying, gaining an older brother, being gay, becoming a hero, and then... the Joker convincing my biological mom to betray me..." he paused, "But I also didn't expect there to even be an afterlife... so yeah. My life and afterlife, I guess are full of surprises.

The figure gave a laugh, "You're in for another one." The figure stepped into the light, revealing him to be the Ghost King - Nico Di Angelo.

"Wow...." Jason blinked in surprise before grinning brightly, "I guess I was huh?"

Nico blinked a couple times, but smiled, "Yeah... though I must say that's not the reaction I was expecting... so I guess I'm surprised too."

"What? Did you think I'd bolt? Nah... no way. You seem cool." Jason moved closer to Nico, and sat on the water fountain beside him. It was then that he noticed that the other was his age, and that he was cute. Jason checked him out and wolf whistled softly, "Dang, you're hot." It was barely a murmur, and Jason didn't expect Nico to hear him.

"You seem cool, too." Nico blushed a little, having heard what the other had said due to his demigod ears. For some reason he felt attracted to this particular spirit. He got an idea, and smirked, "How'd you like to get a job as a Manservant in Hades Palace?"

Jason paused, surprised, "There's a palace? Okay... that I gotta see!"

Nico nodded, "You're hired. Come on!"