Chapter 6

After the car ride (full of horrible puns) they arrived at the Batcave. A boy wearing a blue and black outfit ran towards the man, "Did you get him?"

Batman smirked, "Why don't you ask him yourself?"

He opened the car door, and Nightwing's eyes widened in shock, "... Jaybird?"

Jason teared up, "Dick?"

Nightwing gasped and hugged Jason, tears slipping past his mask.

Alfred walked downstairs, "What's all the commotion...." he froze upon seeing Jason and his tray of cookies clattered to the floor, "Master Jason..." he came running and hugged the boy as well.

"What's going on?" A new voice - the new Robin asked.

Nightwing smiled, standing up, "Tim... meet your brother and predecessor..."

Jason got out of the car, walked over to the new Robin; and reached his hand out to him, "I'm Jason Todd. Nice to meet you." He turned back to the Batmobile, "Also, I want to introduce you to the person who you can thank for my current sanity and life..." Jason smiled and Nico walked out of the car. The group was on edge at first, "Guys. I want you to meet Nico Di Angelo, Ghost King, son of the Lord of the Underworld and..." He pulled Nico into a kiss.

When they parted Nico smirked, "And his boyfriend."

There was silence, before Nightwing burst into good natured laughter, "Good grief, Jason. We leave you alone for awhile, and you get a hot date?" His gaze turned deadly toward Nico, "Though, if you ever even think to cause my little brother pain... well I might not kill, but you'll wish for death."

"DICK!" Jason whined, "Don't scare my boyfriend!"

Nico rolled his eyes, "It's okay Jay... When my half sister started dating I did the same thing. Only I had a skeleton behind me to terrify him." Nico turned to Nightwing, completely sincere, "I would never hurt Jason. In fact, I'll do everything I can to protect him. After all, he only gets one more chance at life, and I'd rather he stay with his family."

"Why?" Tim asked, confused, "If he's dead, you have him all to yourself."

Nico gave Tim a slight glare, "I lost everything at one point. I am not going to put anyone - living or dead - in the same situation."

The group's eyes softened, "Who?"

"My full sister, my mom, all my friends, and my memories of them. I didn't even remember my friends until recently."

Jason put his arm around Nico in reassurance. 

"Did Jason tell you our identities?"

Nico shrugged, "Kinda? I read his soul. I hadn't met him yet and I usually don't interact too much with the newer dead, but I was curious. After that... well I guess he caught my attention."

"Well then..." the group removed their masks, "I'm Richard Grayson, but you can call me Dick." He gestured to Robin, "This is Tim Drake." He then jabbed his thumb at Batman, "And this is Bruce Wayne."

"Okay, then." Alfred smiled, "I'm assuming you'll be staying with us?"

"If it's okay?"

Alfred nodded, "Just allow me to set up a room.... Would you prefer the one across from Jason?"

The couple's cheeks lit aflame, but they nodded. Alfred chuckled.