Monsters

"Get behind me!" growled Nico, raising his sword. Will grabbed him. "What! No!" Nico glanced back, irritated. "Do you have a weapon?"

Will's hand went to his back. "Well, no, but-!" Nico cut him off. "Then get away!" Nico didn't want his boyfriend? to get hurt. Neither did Will.

The monster slashed at them and Nico stumbled backwards, red seeping through his clothes. "SHADOW TRAVEL!" screamed Will. Though he hated the idea, he hated the thought of Nico dying more.

Nico looked back at him wryly. "I thought I wasn't allowed?" He slashed at the monster. "I'm the son of Hades, beast! Piss off!"

To both of their surprise, the monster retreated slightly. It whimpered, but it soon shook itself and readied to attack again. Will needed no more prompting, grabbed Nico, and ran for their lives.

By the time they reached camp Nico was beginning to lean heavily on Will. Blood was seeping through his jacket. Will hurried, glancing down at him every so often. Come on, come on!

A few campers spotted them and rushed over. They helped Will carry the semi-conscious Nico into the infirmary. "What happened?" Annabeth asked. "Monster." said Will grimly.

Will sent most of the campers away, but made Percy and Annabeth fetch supplies for him. Will ripped Nico's jacket and shirt off (not like that sicko) and got to work.

When Will leaned back and relaxed slightly he noticed something that made his heart sink.

Fresh cuts.

He had known Nico hurt himself. Of course he did, but he had thought it was better now. Will reached out and brushed the scratches with sensitive fingers. "Oh, Sunshine..." he murmured.

He did his best to heal them, and tenderly wrapped his arms in bandages. Nico woke up part way through, but he pretended to still be asleep.

Will sighed. He sorrowfully stroked Nico's cheek. "Oh, Neeks... When will you understand how special you are?" Nico's heart ached. Will leaned over and kissed Nico on the forehead.

"I'll always love you, you oblivious little thing!"