Lost

"AMBROSIA! NOW!"

"HURRY!"

"WE'RE LOSING HIM!"

"Apollo! Ascepelius! Artemis!"

"Gods, please, please no!"

"please"

"please"

"He's gone, Will."

Will finally stumbled away from the corpse, wiping tears from his face with bloody hands. "Nico..." he mumbled, his shoulders shaking with sobs.

Will grabbed his assistant and pulled him into a tight hug, burying his bloody tear-streaked face in dark fabric. "i failed. i should have saved him! i-i-i-"

Will heard a sigh. "There was nothing we could do, Will. It was too late for him. But we tried. You tried, Will, even though we both knew he would die, you tried and you hoped and you came so close. That was all you could do... and more than I would have. You're a better person than me and this is why. You tried."

Will broke away and looked at the shorter boy. "You're wrong, you know. You're a good person too. After all, you said that." 

Empty laughter.

"We have to tell the others now," Will said, looking down. "Yes. Let's get cleaned up, then the tattoo parlour?" Will actually smiled, sad as it was. "Yeah. Thank you for the idea, and for staying with me."

"You've always been here for me. It's the least I can do to return the favor."

"Still, thank you... Nico."

A/N Ha! You thought I was killing off Nico! I hope you did anyway. Thank you, and have a wonderful day! <3