Rise and Shine, Sunshine

It turned out following Will's orders wasn't as bad as Nico has expected.

Sure, he worried his sword skills would decay without practice, and he missed playing with the shadows and speaking with skeletons, but he spent most of his time (waking and sleeping) at Will's side, so it didn't bother him too much.

He mostly wished he had his sword early in the morning when Will invaded his cabin.

"RISE AND SHINE!!!"

"Arrrg go awaaaaaayyyyy!"

"Come on, Death Boy! It's time to get up!" Will pulled apart the curtains and Nico rolled over in his coffin-bed, pulling the blankets back over himself.

"It's like four in the morning, Will! Piss off!"

"It's six, which is plenty late! Get up!"

"Nuuuu!"

Eventually, Will managed to shake Nico out of bed with promises of chocolate. They made it to breakfast only five minutes late, which was a new record for Nico.

Nico, naturally, sat with the Apollo cabin, who welcomed him as one of their own. After all, he was dating one of their own, and they had grown very familiar with him. It was not uncommon for Nico and Will to bunk in each other's cabin, especially when one or the other had a bad day or night.

A casual observer from another table would have seen the way the Apollo kids laughed and joked with each other as if Nico weren't there. An Athena kid might have seen how they included Nico in their conversations, naturally and fluidly. An Aphrodite camper might have noticed Will and Nico holding hands under the table, seemingly not realizing they were.

But only a truly astute watcher would have noticed the slight smile on both Will and Nico's faces.