*Sniff*

(Y/n) was not feeling well. She sneezed loudly before groaning and snuggling deeper into her blanket. She must have gotten sick from playing in the rain the other day. She rolled over and checked the time on her clock, it was pretty much noon. (Y/n) was debating whether or not to try and get out of bed when she heard a light knock on her bedroom door.

"(Y/n)? Are you alright in there?" Capper asked, his concerned voice muffled by the door.

(Y/n) sneezed loudly in response. She pushed herself into a sitting position as the door slowly opened. Capper poked his head out from behind the door and, upon seeing (Y/n), looked immediately worried. (Y/n) smiled weakly, trying her best to look less sick than she felt.

"Hey babe," Capper gently murmured, "are you alright?"

"I've felt better." (Y/n) admitted softly.

Capper sat down on the bed and gently placed a hand on (Y/n)'s forehead. He frowned slightly, (Y/n)'s temperature was warmer than he'd like.

"I told you staying out in the rain was a bad idea." He softly scolded.

"I know you did," (Y/n) groaned before sneezing into her sleeve. "I obviously didn't listen."

Capper sighed and wrapped his arms around (Y/n), gently stroking her back with one arm. (Y/n) rested her head on his chest and listened to the rhythmic beat of his heart. Unfortunately the sweet little moment was ruined when (Y/n) sneezed all over Capper's chest.

"Sorry." (Y/n) mumbled.

"Oh no, I've been infected!" Capper exclaimed as he melodramatically raised a hand to his head, " Soon I shall also have the plague."

"I hope not," (Y/n) groaned, " I love you, but you can be a real pain when you're sick."

(Y/n) grimaced as she recalled the last time Capper was sick. The last thing she wanted to do was try and convince him to take his medicine again. Capper chuckled softly and released (Y/n) from his grasp.

"Sit tight," Capper chuckled, lightly kissing (Y/n)'s forehead, "I'll be back with some soup."

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" (Y/n) asked, she raised an eyebrow skeptically, "Last time you tried to cook something for me you almost set the house on fire."

"I think I can heat up a can of soup without your supervision, thank you very much." Capper retorted.

(Y/n) giggled quietly as Capper walked out the door, presumably on his way to the kitchen. She sank down into her cocoon of blankets and decided to try and get some sleep. Hopefully the house would still be standing when she woke up.

(Y/n) awoke from her nap to a soft tapping sound. The bedroom door creaked open and Capper walked in carrying a bowl of soup. (Y/n) groggily sat up and took the took the bowl from him. She gave it a suspicious sniff, apparently Capper could heat up soup without supervision. As (Y/n) began to cautiously eat the soup Capper crawled into bed next to her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"You know if you keep this up I actually will get you sick." (Y/n) teased.

"I guess I'll just have to deal with it then."

"I don't think that's a good idea."

"Neither was playing in the rain but here we are."

(Y/n) sighed and set the half eaten bowl of soup on the night stand. She snuggled closer to Capper and wrapped her arms around him.

"What am I going to do with you?" She mumbled affectionately.

"Hopefully continue to put up with me."

(Y/n) chuckled softly as she drifted back to sleep.

****************************"

Wow it's been a while since I've updated this story.

I finally felt inspired enough to write this out. I'm still pretty busy and dealing with writer's block so I don't know when the next chapter will be out. I really don't want to give up on this story so I'm going to try and get the next chapter up within a week from now.

Thanks for hanging in there! I've got a new x Reader I've been working on for about a month or so called Red River Valley. It's a little different than my normal stuff and it's not about Capper. Check it out if you feel so inclined. Or don't, I don't control your life.

Shout out to everyone who's stuck with me till now!

I love you guys!♥️