Chapter 10

Lucien POV

Looking at the time on his watch Lucien felt irritated and had a huge headache. His mom sent their private jet to France so that he could go see a patient of hers that's in St Joseph hospital. He had a hangover and was binge drinking whole week with a couple of his buddies. He could barely get out of bed and was still intoxicated. They went to different clubs that week and he had a new girl in his bed every night. Lucien knew his behavior was very disapproving and unacceptable. His parents would disown him if they knew how reckless he has been but he did not care he was having fun. 

His parents have been asking nonstop when will he bring a girl home for them to meet but he just ignored them as usual and always had the same reply he is not interested in any woman right now he was waiting for the perfect woman. His mother did try and ask him if he was gay once but he laughed so hard when she asked she never brought it up again. Walking off the ramp at the airport.

 He pulled up his zip from his jacket it was freezing outside and it was raining. He hated the rain, he preferred his warm bed and his arms wrapped around some beautiful girl. He could never say no to his mother she had her ways to persuade him and make it look like it was his choice in the first place.

Damn it!!! he cursed it was 7 am the morning and his head was throbbing. He took some pills on the airplane but that did not seem to help. He hated the cold and most of all he hated knowing he got on the airplane by himself so he cannot point fingers or blame anyone but himself. His mother's driver was waiting for him outside the airport in the parking lot. Once he got in the car he instructed the driver to drop him off at the St Joseph's hospital.

He texted his mom to let her know he landed safely and his on his way to the hospital and that he will make a turn afterward. He then called the hospital and asked to speak to Dr. Smith the patient's current doctor. The nurse at the reception desk told him that the doctor was unavailable to take the calls and is booked for the whole day. She explained that Dr. Smith was in surgeries the whole morning and will be busy the whole day seeing to other patients. 

The kind nurse told him that the doctor did leave him the patients files to look over and that he is welcomed to take a look at the patient's condition until he is available but he could just leave a message at the reception desk if it was an emergency.

Lucien felt frustrated he needed to a cup of coffee and a strong one too because he had to deal with incompetent fools. He hated hospitals and that's why he worked as a freelancer and not a full-time doctor. He preferred to give consultations and he got to travel a lot. His life was easy and he earned way more money on his fights than as a doctor. The plus side was he knew where to injure his opponents and that's why he was he was a good fighter and earned the big bucks.

He decided to keep is illegal activities on a minimal, his parents were asking too many questions and it would not matter where in the world he was he had to keep his private life private. Lucien knew if his boss knew he was a doctor they would see it as cheating and they would kill him possibly.

Incompetent fools he spoke out loud. The car stopped and the driver told him that he will park the car and wait for him. Lucien stepped out of the car and walked into the hospital. He took the lift to the 5th floor then walked up to the receptionist desk. The woman behind the desk was young and beautiful.

He greeted her with a smile and he must say she had a beautiful smile that made the surrounding area seem sunny. Good morning Dr. Knight she started talking here is your case files and next time when you decide to call staff here incompetent please end the call first.

Lucien was shocked and did not know how to respond instead he looked at her and asked how do you know I am Dr. Knight? Well, she said you are handsome and she lifted up a magazine that had his face plastered on the front cover as the hottest bachelor in Europe.