Chapter 11

Running as fast as her short legs could go, Stacey was out of breath when she reached her car. She jumped in and started the engine and drove towards the highway exiting the hospital. She was driving fast she was already late to pick up Tiffany's parents. She promised to pick them up since they have not visited their daughter in a few years. Tiffany always talk so highly of her parents even when they weren't her real parents. Stacey was nervous and her stomach was in knots. She picked up her cellphone and unlocked it and dialed Mrs. Michaelson number and waited while it rang till she picked up on the 3rd ring

Mrs. Michaelson: Stacey honey where are you?

Stacey: hi I'm so sorry I am stuck in traffic I should be there shortly. Stacey knew she would go to hell for all the lies she has told.

Mrs. Michaelson: honey I have tried to phone you so many times is everything okay?

Stacey: oh yes sorry my phone was on silent did not hear it but wait for me okay will be there soon.

Mrs. Michaelson: yes, okay we will be waiting outside the airport.

Stacey: See you soon and then she hung up and threw her cellphone back on the passenger seat.

Deep in thought Stacey tried to clear her thoughts she hoped that she does not get pulled over by a traffic officer because she was speeding and she was already late. Stacey shook her head what is she going to tell tiffany's parents about her condition because they will want to know what is going on and how did their daughter land in hospital in the first place. The whole situation felt so unreal and she still felt like she needed to wake up from a dream. She opened her car window to get some fresh air. The weather was still the same rainy and cloudy. Her phone rang beside her she glanced over at the screen and the caller id popped up it was Lucian her brother. She reached over and picked up her phone to answer it.

Lucien: Hi, where are you?

Stacey: I am busy right now can I phone you back?

Lucien: I need to see you now!

Stacey: I am busy quick can this wait?

Lucien: No come see me, I am at home.

Stacey: what is going on tell me?

Lucien: Next time you want someone to do your dirty work do not use our mother.

Stacey: what are you on about Lucien?

Lucien: how long have you known?

Stacey: What!!! You not making sense always riddles and puzzles with you.

Lucien: get your ass home and he hung up.

What the hell Stacey thought. Lucien is definitely angry over something. She felt more stressed now because he is back and the way she knows her brother he can be a pain in her backside and their parents would be so happy they're son is back, the same son that could never do anything wrong in their eyes and she was always the problem child from the start. She was not a selfish person and she did not hate him but he always made her look bad in front of them.

Stacey pulled in the parking area of the arrivals she scanned threw the people looking for tiffany's parents. She caught sight of them and starting honking her car horn so they would see her. She pulled into an empty parking space and waited for them outside the car. They started walking over to where she parked and she walked up to them helping them with their luggage as soon as she put their luggage in the trunk she gave them each a warm smile and big hug welcoming them to the city. She unlocked the car for them and once they were seated she started up the car again to go back to the hospital.

The whole ride back to the hospital was very awkward there was just silence. Stacey decided to make small talk and asked if they were hungry but Mrs. Michaelson just said they are okay they just want to see their daughter. Stacey decided to put on the radio and listened to a few tunes because the ride back was going to be long she thought. Stacey tried to square up the Michaelson's in her mind Tiffany's mom seemed to be the calm type and she dressed a bit too old. Wearing a printed floral dress but if you do not stay close to a mall then I guess there was not a lot of choices when it came to clothing. Tiffany's moms name was Amber but she would not dare call her by her first name. She was in her forties but she still looked young. Tiffany's parents stayed in the country side where its quiet and they decided to retired there. Tiffany's father had a grumpy face looked like he wanted to murder people, he was dressed in a golf shirt and loose tracksuit pants and he was tall and big build. He looked older in person maybe 50 or more but never judge a book by its cover Stacey thought.

An hour later she pulled up in the hospital parking lot. She turned off the engine and unlocked the doors for tiffany's parents as soon as she got out she locked the car and walked with them in the hospital. Mrs. Michaelson then grabbed her arm lightly and made Stacey stop walking coming to a holt and look at her.

Mrs. Michaelson: Honey go home and get some rest.

Stacey: No I am good do not worry about me.

Mrs. Michaelson: go rest we can phone you if there are any changes. You been here whole night, your exhausted and we can take over.

Stacey: Are you sure? I can stay it's no problem.

Mrs. Michaelson: It will be fine take a shower and get some rest we will be waiting for you when you come back.

Stacey: Ok, I will be back soon and hugged Mrs. Michaelson.

Stacey waited till the Michelson's was in the elevator before she walked towards the exit and back to her car. Tiffany's mom was right she needed sleep and she was starving from the hunger. She looked at the time and groaned she still had to go home to go see Lucian and deal with his issues. She also had to pop in at work and explain everything to their boss. She started the car and drove home to her apartment.

finally she thought she she exited the parking area of her complex and walked toward the porch of her apartment but someone was sitting in front of her door on the steps of the porch. She blinked her eyes twice to make sure she was not seeing a ghost. 

What Adam is that you? Stacey looked at the guy in front of her. Staring at him and he looked at her.

Hi Stacey yes i know, Can i come in?

to be continued.....