SEVEN

FOLLOWING closely behind a Mormont soldier was Jon Snow, Sansa Stark, Diana and Davos Seaworth.

Jon watched the princess' every move with caution. He knew she was passionate about their cause; helping him in securing the wildlings' support, and he was ever grateful for that. But here she couldn't speak as freely, she was an outsider. And the northerners were nothing buy wary of outsiders, and nor did they have interest in what they have to say. He had quietly asked for her silence in the negotiation, both he and his sister alarmed at the said temperament of the young lady of Bear Island.

"Lady Mormont" Jon sent a greeting nod towards the young girl, Sansa, Diana and Davos respectively stood behind.

With an unwelcoming expression, the lady spoke. "Welcome to Bear Island"

It was clear from the awkward silence in the room that there was tension. Clearly the the Lady Mormont had no intention of receiving the party out of the goodness in her heart, but out of respect for their late father.

Jon glanced to his sister, hoping she'd handle the niceties better, and she took his que. "I remember when you were born my lady, you were named after my aunt Lyanna who was said to be a great beauty, I'm sure you will be, too."

With a glare almost as sharp as Diana's sword, Lyanna scoffed. "I doubt it. My mother wasn't a great beauty or any other kind of beauty." Her flat out rejection of the redhead's kind words was her way of saying 'flattery will get you no where'.

"She was a great warrior though and she died fighting for your brother, Robb." In time all would know, that Diana of Themiscyra was graced to possess both qualities; beauty and military prowess of gods.

The anxiety in Jon may not have been visible to many from afar, but from Diana's angle and her sharpened eyesight, she could see the way he blinked nervously or his constant change in posture. He seemed to shake away the dreary feeling as a nostalgic smile took place on his face. "I served under you uncle at Castle Black, Lady Lyanna. He was also a great warrior and an honorable man. I was his steward, in fact-"

"I think we've had enough small talk, why are you here?" Lyanna Mormont heeded no mind to Jon's disheartened expression. The latter cleared his throat in an attempt to regain his shaken confidence. "Stannis Baratheon garrisoned at Castle Black before he marched on Winterfell and was killed, he showed me a letter you wrote to him when he petitioned for men. It said-"

"I remember what it said, Bear Island knows no king but the king in the north who's name is Stark." Jon nodded his head, relieved to hear those words.

"Robb is dead. But House Stark is not, and it needs your support now more than ever. I've come with my sister to ask for house Mormont's allegiance."

The moment he finished talking, Lady Mormont glanced to her left and her Maester leaned forward to whisper in her ear. "As far as I understand you're a Snow, and Lady Sansa is a Bolton, or is she a Lannister, I've heard conflicting reports."

The Mormont's jab seemingly triggered Lady Stark, a scowl that would rival Lyanna's on her face. "I did what I had to do in order to survive, my lady. But I'm a Stark, I will always be a Stark."

Almost rolling her eyes, Lyanna looked away from the tall female to stare holes at her shorter brother. "If you say so. In any case you don't just want my allegiance you want my fighting men."

"Ramsay Bolton cannot be allowed to keep Winterfell, my lady. It is our duty to stop him. Even more so because he holds our brother Rickon Stark as prisoner." Jon had hoped his mention of his trueborn brother would resonate a bit, but the lady or her advisors' expression remained unchanging. "What you have to understand, my lady is that-"