Attack

outsider's POV

Merlin was on a hunting trip with Arthur and the knights of the round table. They had already gotten fine deer so they were just looking for someplace to stop. The king was riding in the front and listening to the knights chatting. Merlin sank into his thoughts while riding behind the group.

A little pain reminded him of his latest wound from saving Arthur's ass. It had almost healed completely, thanks to his guardian's healing skills. Without Gaius's help, he would be in a lot of trouble. At least the wound was no longer bound but it was still sensitive. It made him hope that the wound wouldn't open. He was sure that it wasn't necessary for Arthur and the knights to find out because he couldn't explain it.

"We stop here", Arthur's words drew him out of his own thoughts.

King and the knights climbed off the horses much quicker than Merlin. He tried to keep his movements slow so the wound would heal properly.

After they had set up the camp and Merlin had made the deer, they started eating. Their conversation turns to battle scars that the king and knights had and of course Merlin had but none of them knew it.

"My biggest scar is on my left side", said Gwaine "I got it from some tavern fight, but I'm sure I wouldn't have had it if I hadn't been so drunk."

Others laughed and watched when Gwaine pull a little bit up his shirt and armour so they could see his scar. It was big but Merlin knew he had more scars than anyone in this group.

When Elyan stopped laughing he turns to Arthur. "Show us your scars, Arthur", Elyan said.

Arthur wasn't in the mood to compare his scars. He was about to say 'no' when his eyes landed on Merlin who was grinning at him so instead, he said: "Merlin, you can show us yours."

Warlock's smile faded and he heard himself say "no". He knew he said it too quickly and was about to explain something when something in the forest caught his attention. 'Was something moving there?' He didn't need to think long when his questions were answered with loud yelling.

"Bandits!" Arthur shouted at the same time taking his sword out for a fight. All knights stood up and took also their swords when bandits attacked them. Merlin looked around and saw everyone fighting. There were about eight bandits. Merlin's eyes looked for Arthur. He found him fighting two bandits at the same time. Merlin was about to help him when suddenly one of the bandits attacked him.

The bandit was a big man who was waving his tiny axe. Merlin's eyes flashed gold so that large branch fell down on the bandit's neck, making him fall. Unfortunately, it was a little too late. It was a matter of seconds. If Merlin had been a tiny bit faster, he would have avoided the axe, but know it had hit him on the side, where the latest wound was. Rough pain spread all over his left side and his eyes were beginning to water. Merlin tried to forget all the pain and to concentrate on helping others.

Lancelot was the nearest of him, fighting a man with long black hair. It didn't take much from Lancelot to beat the man. In the end, he was one of the knights of the round table. And after the last strike, he looked up at Merlin just to notice how his face was twisted in pain. Lancelot was immediately heading to Merlin's direction when another bandit blocked his way.

A couple of steps away Merlin saw Lancelot's worried face before he was again fighting a new bandit. He focused his eyes on finding Arthur again. It was important to keep the once and future king in safe and sound. Luckily Merlin didn't have to do much this time because Arthur had already won in his battle. It looked like almost all of the bandits were defeated. Rest of them decided that it was better to flee away.

Merlin's sight was getting darker and the pain was unbearable. He saw how Lancelot was running in his direction and yelling to other guys. Before he passed out, the last thing he heard was Arthur's worried voice.

"MERLIN!"

_________________________

Hellooo, this is my first Merlin writing. I hoped you liked it and please let me know if there are some spelling mistakes.

:))