Episode Nineteen

Everything is black, but voices can be heard.

Creekstep: CAMERA CAT!! Have you lost the art of recording?? We must continue to solve prophecies!!

Camera Cat: Yeah, yeah... it's pressing a button or two. It'll be fine.

Creekstep: What if it's not?!

Camera Cat: You're such a worrier.

Creekstep: I'm just thinking ahead. You know, unlike someone else here! Besides, I've upped my skills again. Remember last time how I was like, oh I made my skills better for doing prophecies or whatever? I actually didn't.

Camera Cat: Oh really?

Creekstep: I was just eating chips and kind of, well, y'know. Watching Netflix, movies, stuff like that.

Camera Cat: Really? What shows?

Creekstep: The usuals, I saw Endgame, and I even heard that season 3 of Stranger Things will be out soon. 

Camera Cat: You're so behind. That's already out. I think.

Creekstep: REALLY?? Can we watch it together?

A shuffling of pawsteps and the loud shifting of trees and leaves can also be heard before Camera Cat's reply cuts the air.

Camera Cat: We'll have to see... because the camera's right here. Behind some trees? 

Creekstep: Fine. We'll see. But well, does it even work??

And then a paw wipes across the screen and instantly everything is bright. It's a little glitchy but Camera Cat doesn't seem to notice or care, as he smiles and pats the camera.

Camera Cat: Yep!

Creekstep: SWEET. Now, where's our lovely wonderful amazing Sootfoot?

He creeps around for a few moments and finds the slumbering, elderly tom curled up in a swath of trees and undergrowth. Creekstep goes silent and watches, waiting for him to say something because that's just what happens.

Sootfoot: Sometimes... it's necessary.

Creekstep: NECESSARY? TO WHAT?

Sootfoot: ...to stain purity.

Creekstep: OH MY GOD-

Sootfoot instantly wakes up and growls at the tom.

Sootfoot: Don't use that word. It's STARCLAN, Jesus.

Creekstep: Oh well. I know exactly what this prophecy is about! I'm basically a genius.

He turns around and then points furiously at a cat nearby.

Creekstep: YOU!

The cat, of a white pelt and pure blue eyes, turns around. She waves her tail and smiles, padding over to him. She appears to be fairly curious.

Creekstep: You. YOU. We must stain you. LICHENSTAR!

Immediately, the leader rushes over.

Lichenstar: YES?

Creekstep: This she-cat needs... "staining".

He pauses and whispers to the leader.

Creekstep: Kill her... or you know, at least stain her pelt or something.

Lichenstar looks at the she-cat.

Lichenstar: That's my sister, but okay. 

Juniperflight, the sister: HEY! What're you doing?

Lichenstar: Y'know, sis, you were never my favorite. 

The leader instantly has cats surround Juniperflight, and within moments the she-cat is tied up on a strange, long, wooden board. Her paws are tied with grasses and various sticks that poke into her, plus she is tied to the board itself.

Juniperflight: Hello...?? Can someone tell me what's going on?

Creekstep: I'm sorry- actually, I'm not. But StarClan ordered it, so... it's not our fault.

Juniperflight: WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN

Lichenstar: Funny, funny... anyways, apprentices, attack!

Within moments, a large number of apprentices leap from nearby watching-stands and unsheathe their claws, immediately bringing them down and around and upon the she-cat's pelt. As soon as she had gotten up there, she's limply laying with blood staining her usually pristine white pelt.

She screams as if to try and get them away, but the Clan is screaming louder than she, excitedly banging their paws against a table that appeared because why not. Some admins even attended, though they're hiding in the back. But the sacrifice has finally came upon the group and everyone seems pleased.

There are even cats circling the she-cat, cheering and loudly banging their paws on the ground, not even a table. Clearly everyone's into it, as sacrifices made by Lichenstar are top tier sacrifices. Everyone kind of feels sorry you've never seen one.

Except for Juniperflight, but that was expected. 

Group of Apprentices: SACRIFICE! SACRIFICE!

Lichenstar: PERFECTO! Creekstep, did that fulfill the prophecy?

Creekstep: Uhh...

He looks around as if expecting some sort of celebration to occur, though nothing really happens. He himself goes over and begins to claw at her pelt, patting blood onto her white pelt, but nothing happens. He grins and turns around, shrugging.

Lichenstar: You don't have shoulders.

Creekstep: Neither do you.

Lichenstar: Wow.

Then, a tan apprentice darts through the camp entrance, screaming loudly. The sacrificing stops for a moment and everyone turns to the apprentice, angry. How dare he interrupt their sacrificing time?

Apprentice: GUYS, PURECLAN!! THEY HAVE PREY AT THE BORDERS.

Lichenstar: ...Creekstep...

The apprentices move forward and they whisper to the leader.

Group of Apprentices: Sacrifice?

He grimaces and he looks to Camera Cat.

Creekstep: Come on!

Then, the camera is knocked from Camera Cat's paws, and the entire Clan is sent into a frenzy.

Written by Lamb :)
Edited by Solstice