The First Attack

"Lemme get this straight," Agent Fowler sighed, rubbing his temples. "Because of what those scientists did to you, you now feel responsible enough to take care of the 'other' cats that were altered? The ones you call dangerous?" he asked skeptically, narrowing his eyes at the cats sitting around him.

Optimus was sitting directly in front of the man, his tail swishing back and forth slightly. "That is correct, yes," he answered for him, his authoritative voice a bit gentle. 

Ratchet was lazing across the computers beside the agent, his tail swinging left to right much more profoundly. "Is there something wrong with that?" the older cat said lowly, narrowing his eyes.

Agent Fowler sat there silently for a moment, glaring at his lap as he thought it over. Sighing again in frustration, he stood up and looked down to the cats. "Look, Prime, how do you expect me to handle this? I am in charge of keeping my eyes on those scientists, but for the longest time we had no idea what they were even working on." He spread his hands out as if gesturing to all the creatures before him.

Bulkhead, who was sitting next to Wheeljack close by Optimus, tilted his head. "What are you trying to say?"

The man paused again, scowling as he looked up in thought. "I.. you aren't normal cats!" he said in exasperation, once again gesturing at them, swinging his arms at them. "In case you haven't noticed, you're nearly a third larger then most, you can talk, and have human intelligence!"

Cliffjumper shrugged, rolling his eyes. "Tell us something we don't know."

Meanwhile, Bee was curled up close to Arcee and the unamused red cat. The more the man got exasperated and shouted, the more nervous and skittish the little scout became. Arcee would shoot him small smiles of assurance, trying to keep the younger cat calm. Though in all honesty, she seemed just as nervous and annoyed herself, her tail also flicking up and down. Bumblebee sighed quietly and flattened his ears, looking up the agitated man in slight fear.

Optimus tilted his head ever so lightly, trying to figure out what the human was trying to imply. "I am afraid I do not follow, Agent Fowler," he said after a pause, lifting his paw as he spoke.

Agent Fowler gave him a glare, before throwing his hands in the air and groaning. "Prime, I can't just send cats like you out in the middle of Jasper to take care of what might never come! From what I see, you guys are pretty chill. Who's to say these 'others' won't be?"

"Maybe the scars," Ratchet growled suddenly, sitting up and glaring at the human. "Maybe the people we have already lost due to those 'others'," he spat, his ears flat.

Agent Fowler didn't seem the least bit threatened, glaring right back at the older cat. "Don't go getting all snippy on me, kitty. I have enough to deal with as it is already," he hissed, pointing a finger at him.

Ratchet growled low in his throat, looking ready to pounce, but Optimus held up a paw, shooting his friend a look that said to remain calm. The medic scoffed, but did as instructed, laying back down and setting his head in his paws, avoiding looking at the agent. Optimus turned his head back to the human.

"I understand your concern and wariness, Agent Fowler," the red and blue cat said. "However, I do not think your human allies should deal with this problem. Megatron and his followers wish to destroy your kind, and sending your soldiers to fight them is giving him just what he wants."

The man only scoffed, shaking his head. "We'll see about that, Prime. I highly doubt that my men can't handle a few pets."

There was a sudden yowl, the fierceness making everyone's hair stand on end. Before anyone saw it coming, Bulkhead charged at the agent, baring his teeth and extending his claws. Agent Fowler cried out as the big green cat pounced on his chest and sent him to the ground. Bulkhead landed on top of him, his snout inches away from the human's nose. His claws dug into his jacket, threatening to jab through and spill blood. The green cat's ears were flat, his teeth still bared as he showed off his fangs with an angry look. Agent Fowler was completely dumbfounded, looking up at him with wide eyes. The others were all shocked as well, not expecting that from their big hearted softie of a Wrecker.