CHAPTER TWO

I drag myself on this maroon bus with 'The Camp' lettering on the side - while mom and dad waving for a goodbye. I was shaking. Since it was my first on camp, I never know how to socialite with them.

"Hello Mr. Johnson!" I greeted the bus driver with his name that I saw on his tag.

The bus driver fetches some notebook under his chair and search for my name. "Oh so you are....Seith....Seith Armstrong. Welcome to The Camp." And look at me with a big smile.

I turned my head to left, then nine people were on a serious face. What should I do? Smile?

"Hello people of bus five. How's everyone doing?" I greeted them.

"Good," Mr. Johnson replied.

"Uhm... So I'm Seith Armstrong. 17. And......." Silence breaks my words. It seems like no one is interested with me. They maybe not interested with a guy on pink. "......and I'll be shutting my mouth and be seated on the back." I continued my words.

It was so embarrassing. Getting in front with nine other campers with no response. Not a good start for me. I've known that this camp was going to be exciting but, this won't.

I remember from last year's camp the fifty campers were divided into five groups in ten. This might be my group. The group of: the black men, the spiky hair, the big eyed glasses lady, the girl with lollipop, the guy with tattoos, the girl with braces, the girl on big tummy, the guy with piercing, and the girl in pink. Oh the girl in pink I should seat beside her.

"Can I seat?"

"No!" She replied with full disappointment.

It was going to be a long road to the camp. Hanging with weird people. So I just grab my sandwich and started biting it. I'am sitting on the back where I can see all my co-campers, the driver, and the big monitor in front. As I was wondering what's the use of this monitor, someone started talking on it.

"Hi. I'm Mr. John O'Han, the head of The Camp. I want to welcome you all to this year's camp. As you are heading to the clique I want you to talk to each other to vote for your leader. Also have your cheers too and the name of your group. See you all Campers."

Mr. John O'Han the school director of our school. Who graduated at Harvard University with flying colors. Not bad for this year's head. He was my music teacher back in my tenth grade - cool not cold.

Since my co-campers won't talk at all. I stamp my feet in front and lead this group. Even when they don't want me to lead, I will. I'm here to win it not to lose it.

"So guys I want to nominate myself to be this group leader. 'The Beauty and the Geek' that's going to be our name. Any objection?" I say.

"That will be fine," Mr. Johnson replied.

I started frowning my eyebrows for this noisy group. Only Mr. Johnson supports me but, I still continue talking and teach a cheer. They're just staring at me and having a blah face. After one hour I just lost my voice but finished my cheer. Even they don't participate I hope they'll get it when we got into camp.

This camp will be going to be a pointing system process till the end. And when you are on the group in the highest point in the end, you will be getting ten million dollars. One million dollars each. I can assure my college with that. So I really need to put my a-game.

The sky is getting dark but we are still half way there. I'm getting hungry. Everyone has their dinner and I don't. I didn't even know that this was far from our house. Any food.