iv. SISTERS

iv. susie with a z!

winifred carmichael had a lot on her mind—her grandparents were coming to town, her mother desperately needed her help with preparing the house for said grandparents, and at the top of her priorities, she had to talk to billy hargrove.

wendy's heart was beating a mile a minute as she approached hawkins community pool. dressed in denim shorts paired with a red and white striped shirt, the seventeen year old walked past the entrance, her white chuck taylors being met with the chlorine water that resided on the concrete of the pool grounds.

she looked around in search for billy, noticing that he was walking out of the storage room. he was dressed in a charcoal grey muscle tank and had on his red lifeguard shorts. his forehead was coated with beads of sweat and wendy could tell that he was distressed about something.

the nervous teenager walked towards billy; he was stumbling towards his lifeguard chair, shooting glances at everyone around him.
"afternoon billy." the moms greeted with flirtatious smiles on their faces. he looked at them and before he knew it, his body collided into wendy's.

"oh!" wendy grabbed a hold of his arm to keep him from stumbling over. his blue eyes stared at her, his eyebrows were furrowed in confusion as if he had never seen her before in his life. "billy? are you okay?" wendy's voice echoed in billy's ears. he wanted so desperately to cling to her—he wasn't okay, he needed her. but some other force, something else compelled him to do otherwise.

he shoved her hand off and lightly shoved her away from him. wendy's eyes softened as she stared into billy's—something was different, his eyes were filled with so many emotions; anger, sorrow, wendy could see the nerves in his eyes. something wasn't right with him and wendy knew it.
"get off of me. i have nothing to say to you, wendy." he barked, stumbling past the girl.

as billy climbed up to sit on his lifeguard chair, wendy was met with bewilderment. he was the one that wanted to talk. he was the one that wanted to see her for months. he was the one in love with her, not the other way around. that was not the billy that she knew.

wendy watched as billy stared up at the sun in digust. that was strange to her; billy was from california, and she knew that he loved two things, the sun and the beach. that was when she decided—something was wrong with billy hargrove.

with a slightly bruised ego and a mind full of curiosity, wendy carmichael left the pool grounds in search of finding what was wrong with billy.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

the trills of the carmichael's pale green landline rang through wendy's ear as she leaned against the wall, twirling the curly phone cord around her fingers. lori carmichael glanced up at her daughter, the mother continuing to chop the carrots in front of her.

"hello?" was all it took for wendy to get excited that her call had finally been answered.
"hi mrs.harrington! is steve home?" wendy questioned.

lori watched as her daughter's expression fell. wendy sighed, suddenly distraught over whatever it was that mrs.harrington had told her. richard and lori carmichael had recently had a discussion about the seriousness of wendy and steve's relationship.

"oh, well when he gets home, can you let him know that i called?.....okay....thank you, you too, bye." wendy hung up the phone and groaned. all she wanted was to tell steve about the weird day that she had with billy.