vi. THE SAUNA TEST

vi. billy's confession!

once max mayfield called wendy, she only needed to say two words before wendy was there: 'billy' and 'mindflayer'.

"s-so...you're sure that billy is the mindflayer?" wendy was hesitant. as much as billy had hurt her, she still wanted him safe from harm.
"not exactly, that's why we're doing this. we think that he is and we need to do this to confirm our theory." mike wheeler responded.

wendy bit her lip, she was growing more anxious by the second. she just didn't know whether she wanted to go through with their plan. her job was to comfort billy just in case he wasn't the mindflayer.

"you'll be with el for when she closes the door. we'll all be with you, okay? it's alright if you don't want to do this." max's blue eyes softened as she stared into wendy's eyes. wendy carmichael shook her head, she knew that she didn't want the kids to be alone with billy, she was aware of how bad his temper was.

"it's okay max. i'll do it." wendy nodded.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

mike wheeler had successfully lured billy hargrove into the sauna room. billy choked the cpr dummy, raising in the the ceiling.
"hey, behind you." mike hinted, causing billy to turn around.

in front of him stood wendy carmichael and el.
"hi." el nodded her head up and sent billy flying back into the wall. his body slammed against the tile and he fell to the floor.
"holy shit!" wendy gasped—that wasn't what she had in mind when the kids presented their idea.

"now!" mike ordered as he, max, will, and lucas ran into the room. el pushed the door closed with her powers and mike shoved the metal bar into the door handle to prevent billy from opening it. will tied a chain around the handle and a thick metal pipe, ensuring that billy wouldn't get out of the room.

"y-you lied to me! you all said you wouldn't hurt him!" wendy carmichael had been bamboozled. the kids joined by their side as billy pounded on the door. wendy watched as he grunted and slammed his hands against the door. he looked up, his blue eyes settling on her. his mouth opened ajar, he couldn't believe that wendy was betraying him.

"wendy?" he stared at her menacingly.
max looked over to see wendy shocked, giving off a deer in headlights gaze to billy.
"do it." max ordered and will byers rushed over to the thermostat, turning up the heat to the sauna.

"max! wendy! let me out of here," billy barked, rage evident in his voice. "let me out."
the carmichael girl felt her body tense up as she had flashbacks to the one fall night. the fury in his eyes when he had slapped her.

"you guys, you think this is funny?" mike and lucas shared a glance "you all think this is some kind of sick prank, huh?" billy spat on the window, causing wendy to flinch.

she was terrified—not only of billy, but for him. wendy had no idea of what el was capable of, but her flinging billy back was only a sneak peek. "you little shits think this is funny? what is this? open the door," his voice started out low. "open the door!" he hit the door, and wendy flinched again. "wendy, open the goddamn door! open the door!" he yelled.

wendy was frozen, she was in shock. billy fell to the ground and let out a scream. will walked back over to the thermosat before turning back to the group. "we're at 220." he pointed out.