0 . 2 5

| B E V  A N D  R E D |
•  •  •
0 . 2 5

     Beverly hands gripped tightly onto his sweatshirt, narrowing his eyes slightly at Red's calm physique

     Beverly hands gripped tightly onto his sweatshirt, narrowing his eyes slightly at Red's calm physique. Just last morning, he'd been saying just how much Beverly didn't matter to him. And now, they were going somewhere.

     Talk about hot and cold.

     "What do you mean? Where are we going?"

     "My birthday party."

Beverly paused, him biting deeply onto his bottom lip. He didn't know how he felt about going on a mini-road trip with Red to wherever the hell this birthday party actually was.

So, he deliberately ignored Red, his hands resuming their flipping with the spatula. Red watched. His heart hurting at the way Beverly seemed repulsed by going anywhere with Red.

But even then, he understood.

"So, what? You'll stay here alone? Instead of coming with me, and getting free food?" Beverly shrugged, not giving into his fear of being home alone.

Funny how someone who used to live alone, had a fear of being alone. Surely, Beverly lived in fear after his grandmother died just a few years ago.

"I guess, I'll come with you." Beverly's word's were whispered, his hands slowing their assault.

"Good, now pack your shit."

     The next thirty minutes consisted of Beverly packing whatever he'd brought from his old apartment, leaving him with a backpack slung over his shoulder, and a cheap cellphone in his hand.

     Red packed a duffel bag he hadn't used nor seen since high school. He packed shirts, pants, and his favorite pair of shoes.

     He'd hadn't spoken to Beverly since the two had established that Beverly would be coming along. But he just knew once the two would slip into his truck, his mind would wander off to what they'd done the day before.

     The things Beverly had done.

     His mind was on it every second of the day, boggling itself while still asking himself, did that really happen? Beverly had ignored it ever happened, following whatever Red had stupidly told him after they'd slept together.

     Forget it ever happened? Why had he even said such a thing? Especially when he definitely hasn't forgotten it.

     After Red had finished, he watched from his the doorway of his bedroom, as Beverly fixed himself in the mirror, trying his best to cover up the markings Red had left on his neck. The young boy zipped up his sweater all the way to the top, groaning out heavily when realizing the markings were still showing.

     Red almost laughed aloud at the picture.

     Beverly turned to Red hearing him stifle a chuckle beneath his breath. He frowned, avoiding Red's eyes as shame coursed through his body.

     He couldn't think about it. He couldn't sit and think about how the guy he lost his virginity to, wanted to just forget about it.

      After Red had broken down the rules a one night thing, Beverly returned to his room, and sobbed into his pillow, making sure his cries were silenced by the soft materiel.

     And obviously it worked, or maybe Red was just that much of an asshole.

     Beverly hopped it wasn't the latter.