0 . 3 4

| B E V A N D R E D |
• • •
0 . 3 4

     The next morning, the two sat side by side on the couch, Cole introducing to them his new flavor of the week

The next morning, the two sat side by side on the couch, Cole introducing to them his new flavor of the week. Her name was Helena, she carried a long strapped bag, and red, luscious lips on her face.

     Red had taken time to explain to Beverly about his brothers liking to girls. That had coincidentally been happening since he was just a kid.

Cole turned to Beverly, a charming smile placed on his pink, full lips. "So, are you excited to meet the crazy sister?"

Beverly was confused. "What do you mean?"

"Caroline," Cole confirmed, Beverly beginning to catch himself worrying about what the crazy sister might think about him. "She's the crazy sister. Oh, and, her being knocked up doesn't help that at all."

Red turned to Cole, his eyes rolling into the back of his head. "She's not crazy, just—organized, planned. But trust me, she's really not that bad."

Beverly wanted to believe that Caroline wouldn't hate him, or even get caught off guard by the fact that her older brother was seeing a boy.

     The night before, the two had been closer than ever, exchanging loving phrases, and wandering touches. And Red hoped that no one walked into his room unannounced, and find their discarded clothing from the night, scattered all around the floor.

     But still, he couldn't stop but smile.

     A knock echoed throughout the small home, Beverly's heart dropping in the dreadful process. He watched Cole jump from his seat, and head for the door, Gina fast behind him.

     A woman's cheery voice was all to he heard at the entrance, and a man's voice followed close behind. Beverly couldn't see a face yet, but he could see the happiness exhilarating through Red expression.

     "She's here," and with that, Red was off of the sofa, and making his way over to the door.

     Seconds later, a tall, brunette woman entered into the living room, her hand massaging her plump belly, as a man was at her side, holding her an assisting her over to the couch.

     Caroline smiled, watching as Cole and Helena whispered sweet nothings into each other's ears. And sure, Cole was as sweet as can be, but had a tactic to leave before any of conquests woke up.

     Soon, her eyes found Beverly and his twiddling thumbs, as he sat with a wide-eyed, clear expression. She could only imagine what lies both Cole and Red had fed her. Especially if Nick had ever gotten the chance to say so.

     "You must be Beverly, I've heard lots about you from Monica. I'm Caroline," she extended a hand out to Beverly, who took it without another thought.

     "I'm, uh—Beverly, as you know. And I've heard lots about, great things about you." Beverly put on a genuine smile, as Caroline laughs loudly.

     "I bet you have."

     Red stood beside Caroline and her husband, who Caroline introduced as Gavin, a dark skinned man from the south, who carried a twang that Caroline had gotten used to. And some of her words had also twisted southernly.

     He leaned down into Caroline's ear, whispering softly. "Where's Beth? She hasn't come to meet Bev, or see me yet."

     Caroline sent him a sympathetic look, her hand reaching up to caress his shoulder. "Rue's got a bit of a cold. She says it has nothing to do with you, so it probably isn't anything personal. Don't worry about it, Matt. She'll come soon."