Ice Cream

"It's a while since I've been here."

Newt, Tina, Theseus and Jacob were at  one of the ice cream parlors close to Newt's apartment.

They were going to go to the nearby park, before Theseus spotted his favorite ice cream parlor and dragged everyone along with him.

Nobody was complaining though. After the whole Grindelwald mayhem that had gone down a couple months ago, they all needed a break.

As they stood in line, waiting to order, Newt turned to Tina, a bit shyly.

"What are you getting then?"

Tina smiled, still reading off all the options on the chalkboard hung up on the wall.

"I'll just stick with plain chocolate, I'm not really in the mood for anything fancy. I prefer chocolate over vanilla anyway."

Newt stared at her incredulously. "Excuse me?"

Tina turned her head to look at him, brown eyes meeting green. "Hm? I said I prefer chocolate over vanilla." She said smirking, clearly aware of what she just started.

Newt pouted, crossing his arms. "Uh, no. Vanilla is way better."

Tina couldnt help but giggle at this. "Everytime you pout, it looks like you're an adorable puppy who just got scolded." She laughed.

Newt spluttered, his face flushing. Did she just call him adorable??

Tina laughed, her eyes sparkling with adoration as she mimicked him, crossing her arms against her chest and pouting back at him.

"That's not gonna make me change my  answer. Chocolate is better."

Newt glared at her playfully. "Vanilla."

"Chocolate."

"Vanilla."

"Chocolate!"

"Vanilla!"

"Chocol-"

"For Merlin's sake, get a room already!"

Newt and Tina whipped around to see Theseus behind them, an unmistakable grin on his face, and Jacob next to him, trying not to double over laughing.

Tina made eye contact with Newt for a split second before they both turned their heads the opposite way, blushing   furiously at Theseus's comment.

They all ordered their ice cream and then walked out of the parlor, Jacob and Theseus not far behind.

It was silent between them, and Tina gave Newt a shy smile before taking his free hand.

Newt looked down at their interlaced fingers before smiling back at her with pink cheeks.

And the four of them walked to the park with their ice cream. Newt and Tina holding hands, an unspoken bond between them.

Jacob and Theseus not far behind, were watching their awkward but adorable actions with amusement.

And Jacob had a camera.

There was a shutter and a flash, startling Newt and Tina, both of them turning around to find Jacob with the camera. With the picture of them holding hands slowly printing from the top.

Theseus grinned. "Im putting this one in my collection."

____________________________________________

We stan dorks in love :)

I have a headcanon that Theseus takes photos of Newt and Tina and makes them an album that he gives to them as a wedding gift for when they get married.   :D

Hope you guys enjoyed!

<3