seis

A/N damn okay. Here we go. This shit is on track now. Uh, this chapter will mostly be flashbacks

Thomas laid in bed. His body had quite the fever.
James Reynolds sat by his side, Charles Lee as well. Neither of them knew how their life came to be like this. They were happy. Sure, they had occasional problems, but they had been happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Jemmy, would you look at the time? I believe I am late," Thomas said, standing up and gathering his things.
James Madison frowned lightly, "are you sure you must leave so soon? We've barely caught up."
Thomas gave James a fond smile, though he sighed quietly, "I have some work to attend to when I get home. I promise, I'll keep in touch, okay? See you soon, Jem."
James waved as Thomas left, then returned to his studies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Wake up, Thomas, please," James Madison begged, staring at Thomas' unconscious body.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thomas stood outside the coffee shop, holding his hand to his heart. Those two individuals had his heart going a hundred miles per hour. He shook his head dismissively. He popped his earbuds into his ears and played one of his favourite songs on repeat.
"God bless Annie Murphy," he mumbled appreciatively when A Little Bit Alexis by Annie Murphy blasted through his earbuds.
He was an adamant fan of the Canadian series Schitts Creek, and to be honest, Dan Levy and Noah Reid just made him a little bit gayer. Annie Murphy, on the other hand, made him just a little bit straight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thomas couldn't help the tears that flowed freely down his cheeks. His heart ached almost as much as his body.
"Thomas, listen to me, they aren't worth your time," his older sister, Mary, said soothingly. She gently combed her fingers through his hair.
"Is there something wrong with me, Mary? Is there a reason that no one will ever want me? Is there a reason," he choked on a sob, "is there a reason that I'm not good enough for anyone?"
"Oh, Thomas, that's not true," Mary said gently, holding her little brother close. "you'll just have to wait for the perfect people to come around. You are not the problem, everybody else is."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mary sat next to her brother's hospital bed. She hated seeing him like this. She hated seeing him in a coma and unresponsive, apart from the signs that he was alive.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thomas danced around his kitchen. He sang loudly, harmonizing with the music he had playing.
He was okay. Today was finally the day.
For the past few months, he had repeatedly run into those two strangers- whose names he learned were John Laurens and Alexander Hamilton- and eventually, they started to hang out all together until the two had finally asked Thomas out.
Technically, Thomas should have been getting ready- and he was! He had a suit and everything picked out. He had even purchased a new earring for his other piercing- but he was just so damn excited that he could not help but dance around.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander and John stood outside the door of Thomas' hospital room.
Alexander gave a guilty sigh. He couldn't bring himself to enter the room. He turned to John and fit himself in the other's arms.
John was simply standing there. Guilt gripped at his heart.
This was all happening because of a stupid mistake he and Alexander had made.
"D"you think,,,are we,,," Alexander's voice trailed off. His eyes filled with tears and he cried into John"s chest.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Tommy, come back to bed," John murmured, reaching out to Thomas.
"I have to go to work," Thomas said, cold and maybe just a little scared, "I'll be back this afternoon."
"Mmmkay," John murmured, curling into Alexander's side.
Thomas did not come home that afternoon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thomas' heart monitor spiked and his eyes flew open. He started to cough, his body shaking with the force.
James, with natural police instincts, slammed his hand down onto the nurses' call button, "he's awake!"
Nurses and doctors flooded the room, pushing out James and Charles.
John and Alexander scurried to the side, trying to stay out of the others' line of view.
Unfortunately, their attempt failed and they were spotted.
"You!" James shouted, rage and tears filling his eyes, "this is all your fault!" He cried, launching himself at the two.
"How could you do this?!"

A/N ayo, guess who's back?