Meet The Crew

After the meeting with Slenderman, Hoodie leads the way back down to the common rooms. A few more people had shown up, and most of them stared at me as we descended the staircase.

"Who's the new kid, Hoods?" A monochrome clown asks, wincing slightly as he talks.

"Her name's (Y/N). You okay, LJ? Slendy told us about you." Hoodie says, his eyes running over LJ's form. He huffs in response.

"I'll live. Been through worse."

At that moment, a young man – couldn't be older than twenty, by the look of him – walks out, balancing a bunch of plates with waffles stacked on them. He had orange goggles on, and a mouth guard was secured around his face. He had a camouflage hoodie and black pants, with combat boots for footwear. His eyes catch mine and the mouth guard shifts, most likely because he was smiling.

"Hey, (Y/N)! Masky told me you'd be here!" He says, placing the plates on a table and walking over, extending his hand for me to shake. "I'm Toby!"

"Uh, nice to meet you." I say, shaking his hand and giving a small smile. He steps back and starts handing out the waffles to people. Hoodie guides me into the room across – a living room. People were already inside, playing a game together. I recognise Jeff, but the second person took a little longer. It was the man who broke into my house.

"Ben, Jeff, you mind if we join in?" Hoodie asks, gesturing towards me. Jeff looks back at us, an annoyed look on his face, and shrugs.

"Sure, whatever. I don't care." He mutters. Hoodie laughs, fetching two controllers for him and I to use.

"Do you enjoy video games, (Y/N)?" He asks, pausing before he hands the controller to me. The person on the couch stiffens for a moment, glancing back in surprise. We lock eyes for a moment and I give an awkward wave, much to Hoodie's amusement.

"Uhh, Hoodie..." The person says, his eyes flicking from me to him.

"(Y/N), meet Ben! And don't worry dude she doesn't have a weapon." Hoodie laughs, handing me the controller. I connect it to the TV and sit beside Jeff, much to his disdain, while Hoodie sits beside Ben.

"Um... Ben... sorry for stabbing you." I say as the game starts. Jeff looks at me in surprise.

"Wait, you're the one that did that to 'im?" He asks, quirking an eyebrow at me. I nod, focussing on the game as I pull ahead of Hoodie's character. A moment later, Masky enters the room with Toby behind him, sitting on the couch to watch us play. I relax slightly and manage to win the first race. A few more games, however, and I can't stand the tension in the air. I place the controller down, announcing that I've finished playing for now, and leave the room. I feel someone following and glance over my shoulder. Toby raises his hands in peace.

"I've been given the job of showing you around, if you want?" He offers.

"Sure. Thanks." I say, following him as he shows me around. The first place he showed me was the kitchen because, in his words, it's "the most important place in the mansion". I snickered at that. Afterwards, he showed me to my room, which surprised me a little. I told him I didn't need my own room, I could just stay on a couch or something, but he said Slenderman had ordered it be prepared for me. He showed me to the bathrooms next, and that brought the tour to its end.

"Thanks for showing me around, Toby." I say, smiling at him. He smiles back, then reaches up and rubs the back of his neck.

"There is one last thing. The fourth floor is off limits to everyone but Slenderman and his brothers. So, um, don't go up there." He laughs, walking off. I follow him back to my room, where I say goodbye. He waves and walks downstairs to join the others again and I take the chance to look around my room. It was rather large, definitely larger than my room back at home. A large bed took up one corner, looking soft and plush. I remove my boots and leave them by the door, falling backwards onto the bed, my arms splayed wide. I close my eyes and sigh in content. The bed was even softer than it looked. A loud knock comes from the door and I sit up, immediately reaching for a dagger that wasn't there. The door creaks open slowly and Masky appears, smiling as he saw me on the bed.