Untrustworthy

(The music isn't mine and it has nothing to do with the chapter, I just think it's really good haha)

Endo fit right in at the mansion. Sally had chosen her to be her new favourite, and I didn't see the little girl nearly as often as I was used to. Within the week, she was already going out 'hunting' with the others. The only people who didn't spend the greater part of our day hanging around her were EJ and I, despite her many attempts to get us to join them. Eventually she gave up on me, though she had now taken to barging into EJ's room whenever she was going somewhere and wanted company, so he was seeking refuge in mine instead. At first I wasn't too fond of the idea, though when she had barged into mine looking for him, I suddenly understood why he felt the need to scramble underneath my bed whenever he heard her approaching.

Hanging out with EJ had actually been extremely pleasant. He didn't push for anything and let me choose the conversation topic. Whenever I mentioned I didn't feel like talking, he would just nod and stare out the window on the edge of my bed as I read a book or something. I still had yet to see what was underneath his mask, though.

A light tap on the door draws our attention. I put the book down and stand up, opening the door to reveal Toby standing there with Endo behind him. I sense EJ stiffen behind me and not-so-subtly lean against the door frame, knowing she had already seen him. She gives me a dirty look over Toby's shoulder.

"Hey, guys, you wanna come with us to go have a d-day out?" Toby asks, "We've been let off the hook by Slendy so we decided to have some fun."

"Nah, we're good." EJ replies, watching Endo closely.

"Aww, come on, EJ! You two've been cooped up in here for a week now! You gotta get out sometime, you know?" He whines, his shoulders drooping. I give him an apologetic look.

"Sorry, Toby, I just don't want to go out today." I say gently, feeling bad for shutting him down like this. He sighs and nods.

"Alright. I guess we'll just leave without you then. And be all alone and sad. Since you didn't come with us." He says dramatically, placing the back of his hand against his forehead. I snort and shove him in the shoulder, my smile widening as he laughs.

"We'll come next time, alright?" I promise, resting my hand on the door. He nods and starts walking away, though Endo remains where she stood.

"Endo? You coming?" Toby calls. She glances at him, then returns her gaze to mine.

"I will in a minute. I just wanna talk to (Y/N) and EJ for a while."

I get a bad feeling in my stomach and my eyes narrow slightly. I hear EJ stand up from the bed, though he doesn't walk over yet. Endo's eyes slide lazily over to him for a moment, taking in his protective stance, before looking back at me.

"What's your problem with me?" She asks abruptly once she's sure Toby is out of earshot.

"We don't have any problem with you." I say, wanting to close the door on her face.

"Really now. Then why have you both been avoiding me like I've got the plague?"

"Would you believe us if I said that maybe we don't get along with everyone and there are some people we don't want to be around?" EJ mutters. Endo bristles at his words.

"It's better to just tell someone if you don't want to be around them than to play mind games. Do you want me to fuck off? I'll do that. Goodbye, bitches." She snaps, stalking after Toby. I'm stunned for a moment before closing the door again and returning to the bed.

"Well, that was a bit unexpected." I muse, laying back. EJ hums in agreement and lays beside me, knitting his hands behind his head. After a while I get bored and stand up, telling him I'm going to go to the games room and hang out in there for a while.