Chapter 11 🌙

"So you guys didn't do the nasty?" Rebekka asked.

      "Of course not! Why would you even think that?"

      "Have you seen him?" she said swooning.

     We had finished classes for the day, and we were headed to our "special" training with Dominic. The girls had talked me to death and asked me a million questions about spending the night. Even though I had already told them a million times nothing happened, they just wouldn't believe me. I endured their teasing all day long, and I was glad to be away from my sister and her skeptical looks.

      Just months ago I had been sitting on my couch watching TV. Now I had to come to terms that other life existed in Outerspace, my family might be dead, and superpowers existed. It was a lot to take in, but the human psyche was strange. I was taking it rather well.

      We arrived at the gym, Sephus actually smiled at me. It weirded me out since he was such a hard ass, but at the end of the day he was just a huge teddy bear. Over the course of my time being here, I had grown to like him as a trainer and mentor. He stalked towards us, and raised his hand to give me a high five. I'm not sure why, but I stepped up giving him a hug.

     "Whoa there, I have a reputation to maintain miss lady," he said, all the while laughing.

      I raised a brow, staring at him.

      "As a hard ass, you mean."

      "You better know it. Can't have the other kids thinking I'm soft. Otherwise, who would keep you little evil creatures in line?"

      "Evil?" Rebekka rolled her eyes.

       "What's evil is that horrible rock climbing assignment. We went from one hundred meters to three hundred meters. It looks like you're trying to kill us."

      He roared in laughter. His eyes sparkled ever so slightly.

      "Rebekka if you weren't so sassy all the time I think I'd actually like you."

      "Thank you---wait what!"

      He ran away sprinting as Rebekka chased him down. If I didn't know any better I'd say that they had a thing for each other. But being that Sephus was older that made me cringe somewhat. Rebekka returned later with a smile on her face, I shook my head. Rebekka was something else alright.

     My skin began to tingle. I knew he was here. He stopped and greeted us. Today he wore a normal t-shirt, sweats, and sandals. It was slightly off-putting versus his normal military garbs, or his fancy clothes. My mind flashed back to the night at his room. We stretched getting prepared for our special training.

     "So Rebekka you are able to harness electrical energy, and Rue you can harness energy from almost anything. You control energy itself. Usually being around our species activates these gifts within the human race, or like we said genetic altering and other various factors."

     "First we learn to meditate, to control our emotions. Then we will begin practicing with your abilities more."

     For the next hour we went over various types of meditation, relaxation, and even something special called energy healing.

      "All energy has healing abilities to some extent. Your very emotions are a form of energy. But you will learn more about this in your classes. For now, think about how the heart itself is an electrical pump, and every process in the body uses energy."

     "Are we the only ones?" Rebekka asked.

       "For now yes, but over time others may come forth. I have a feeling though. For now, let's continue your training. Exams will come up soon, and your abilities will be valuable to you. You may even go on your first missions soon."