One-Shot Ⅰ: Run

••✎A start of something new.••

—••✶••—

Jeongyeon's POV

The darkness slowly invades the sky. I let myself drown in a bathtub full of water that fills, I may turn it off if I have some strength left in me, but sadly, I'm lifeless, in despair, stupidly crying.

May I die like this? I love him, I love Jackson so much— but I can't take the pain he caused me anymore. He had hurt me physically and emotionally.

I firmly have believed before that he will change when he sees and feel my love for him but, I was wrong. — He will stay that way.

His life is now drugs, not me. He loves bitches and cigarettes, not me. ━ I denied all of those and endured every bit of pain those shits have caused because I had believed that we could start anew together. Tonight, my last stick of hope faded.

He brought another girl and fuck her as if I'm just a ghost here. He orders me around as if I'm their maid if I refused to follow their orders, I got these wounds, these scars, my body aching that I couldn't move that much are proofs that the Jackson Wang I loved before was already dead, believing one day he would come back caused me to die repeatedly.

Ouch. Every inch of my body cries pain, and I'm doing only what? Cry. Yeah, Yoo Jeongyeon, it is what you do best — Get hurt and cry.

"Damn it! I should've killed him!"

I was hoping to die when I drown completely in this bathtub, yet someone carried me up from the bathtub in a bridal style.

"You don't want to fall, am I right?— Then, hold on, or I'll drop you. You're so stupid, Jeongyeon! What were you thinking?!"

I can hear frustrations and anger in his voice, a 'concern' with it. I could not see this great man who stupidly stopped me from dying, I nearly cursed him out loud if I have strength left, but right now, I'm a powerless one.

"You really are stubborn, Jeongyeon, fuck"

I felt my bare back touched on a soft thing. I really want to pass out my own body would not give up.

I gather this strength left if this is still called this energy, then roam my eyes around.

I felt the coldness that an air conditioner brings. Wait, a blanket and a jacket are covering my bare damp body. The guy must be the one who covered these on me. Are we in a hotel room?

"So you really want to die without clothes?"

I advert my eyes to the guy who is sitting beside me, Woah. I didn't felt him sit there and just like that.

As if time has stopped as I look at his pair of eyes, my heart skips a beat ━ his sexy, blank, dark gaze that tells me a hundred words yet, doesn't let me hear those, though it means one thing, 'Are you stupid?'

I announced defeat as I turned away first, as he could read everything through me.

I now know who's this stupid guy who saved me, "What are you doing, Tae-oppa?"

"Wow! Is that a new way of saying thanks now?", He sarcastically said.

"You shouldn't save me, Taehyung! You should've let me died there!! You idiot!" I blurted out as I let endless tears drop from my eyes. I'm so angry! I'm hurting like I'm in hell! I'm in anguish! And shit! I don't really know how to take all of these emotions floating in me that I just felt anger.

I furiously look at him only to be surprised that he's throwing me death stares.

"Put me down, Kim Taehyung!"

I punch him many times but, he doesn't care. Damn, he's carrying me like a sack.

Ouch, "What are you doing?!"

He let my feet touched the ground when we reached the bathroom. He holds the doorknob as he speaks, "I'll kill you after you clean yourself, stupid."

Blag! He said before he slammed the door closed. I let out a heavy sigh. I really can't win over to that cold guy.

I finished washing after an hour, wearing cloth ━ a denim skirt, white with design top, and a hair-band, that he left here in the bathroom.

When I got out of the bathroom, I found the great Taehyung standing short meters away from where I was standing.

"Wait! Where are we going?!" I asked him as he grabs my hand, heads outside, running to, I'm not sure where.

"Just run! Jackson and his minions are looking for their food!", He shouted and I got what exactly he meant, "How did he found us?!"

I'm catching my breath as we're hiding at the back of a car.

"I'm guessing a minion of his was working on that hotel and told him. I should've knocked him in a long time sleep", Tae said as he puts on a black beanie hat on my head.

"My friends are waiting at the airport for us. You're up for a running challenge?" He sweetly asked as he looks straight into my eyes, smiling. An assuring smile as 'trust me, I'll never let you go.'

Just like a spell, I nodded as an answer before he clasped our hands then we started running again.

Right now, I know destiny gave me this chance to be with someone worth loving for, he awaited.

I once made a mistake for giving almost all of me and loved a wrong person that I forgot about loving myself, had been blind that I never saw the guy who was with me all along, Tae. ━ he was my brother's friend that treats me like a sister.

I have never seen that great meaning behind those 'brotherly' gestures.

Running with him gives me new hope, new life and, I know his grip on our clasped hands means I'm in safe hands now. He's the answer to my prayers, a will to live, and someone who will love me much as I can for him.

Sometimes, running away from problems is not wrong, especially when you're running with someone that heals your pain and wounds, gives you hope to start anew.

❣~END~❣

How was it?

Vote, Comment, and Be A Fan. 💚

-Yana (◠‿◠)🧡

[Revised: 08/2021]