23

aspen's point of view;

"mitch, mitch, mitch. mitchell," i repeated in annoyance, following behind the idiot who wouldn't respond to me. "mitchell freakin' marner!"

"yes, aspen?" he turned to grin at me as if i didn't have any reason to want to kill at this very moment in time.

"you have been dragging me from place to place since half past four and it is now seven thirty...i am irritable and hung-"

"wait, wait. did you just say seven thirty?" mitch asked with wide eyes.

"yes, mitchell. now feed me or i'll have to return you to your girlfriend, and it won't be in one-"

"yeah, yeah. i'll get you your food, but first we need to go pick up steph," he replied, grabbing onto my hand and dragging me along.

"what are you planning anyway, you maniac?" i questioned, bitterly thinking about how i could get revenge on mitch for waking me up at four and still not having feed me nearly four hours later. i'm a little more evil when hungry, a side effect of my hangry-ness.

"i can't tell you that now, can i? that wouldn't be very fun, the element of surprise makes these things much better," he replied with a laugh, basically skipping as he continues to drag me along.

"you know, maybe if it was later and if i wasn't HANGRY, i would agree. but i don't." i said bitterly.

"oh hush, young one. we're outside of mine and steph's apartment now, and there's a cute café right around the corner, so we'll feed you now. and then the real fun can start." he grinned, finally letting go of my hand, typing away on his phone — mostly likely telling steph we were outside.

"you're like annoyingly positive and hyper," i stated, leaning against the apartment building. "especially for this early in the morning."

"rude! i think willy's rubbing off on you," he said before screwing up his face in disgust. "oh my god! i didn't mean it like that, ew, now all i can picture is you two getting it on."

"what, her and kasperi? i thought you shipped them?" steph questioned, seemingly joining the conversation at the perfect time.

"i-i, uh," mitch stumbles over his words, i think this is the first time i've witnessed him become speechless. "hush steph! i was talking about her and willy, which is disgusting may i add, not her and kappy!"

"you-"

"sh, aspen. let's go stuff your mouth," mitch cuts me off, grabbing onto mine and steph's hands, dragging us along.

i turned to steph mouthing he's weird to which all steph could do was laugh.

"where are you taking us now?" i asked, eating the last of my food as we started walking again, as i 'eat waaaaaay too slowly' for mitchs' liking.

"surprise!" mitch chirped.

"can we at least take a cab or something?" i asked, it's beyond hot in toronto — walking around in this heat is not a want nor a need.

"actually, here comes our ride now." he grins, pointing to a fancy looking car—i know zilch about cars, but it sure looked expensive and flashy, so no doubt one of his hockey buds. "that's my baby, i let one of the guys from the maple leafs borrow it because their car is getting fixed. plus it works out because he's joining us for the day as well, important meeting for the team and all."

"alright, sounds good." i replied, watching as the car came to a stop, a familiar face stepping out of the car...is that-

"auston, my man!" mitch exclaimed obnoxiously as they did that weird bro-handshake-thing. it is auston, great.

"nice to meet you, beautiful." auston flirted, giving me a cheeky smile. what a typical hockey player.

"you too," i gave a somewhat-forced smile before getting into the back of the car with steph.

"so who's excited to adventure the ripley aquarium?" auston asked, now sitting in the passenger side of the car as mitch 'missed his baby so much and must drive it before he dies'.

"AUSTON MATTHEWS! it was supposed to be a freaking surprise!" mitch exclaimed, a pout already forming onto his face. "you've ruined it all, i'm so upset, i don't even want to go anymore-"

"stop being a drama queen, mitch. i'm sure they don't care." auston replied, shaking his head at mitch's outburst.

"but i do!" another pout, this time accompanied with the crossing of his arms over his chest.

"oooookay, mitch, hands back on the wheel!" i exclaimed, leaning forward, as if that would help anything—luckily mitch wasted no time to listen to me. "thank you. and mitch, just so you know, i'm very excited to go to the aquarium whether it was a surprise or not. it'll be my first time and i've wanted to go there since i've moved to ontario, but i never had the time."

that little 'pep talk' seemed to do the trick, as for the rest of the drive up to us walking in the building, mitch was overjoyed. until he got impatient, that is.

"where are they?" mitch pouted, stomping his foot. he's acting like a literal child.

"i thought you were supposed to have a really important meeting at like seven this morning? it's past nine and we're at the aquarium, what is your evil intentions this time?" steph questioned, eyeing mitch as he kept blabbering to himself about people being late and unreliable.

"oh! they're starting to arrive come on!" mitch exclaimed, leading us to a group of guys who i somewhat recognized from all the hockey talk my brother does; some members of the toronto maple leafs.

having had enough of mitch for a lifetime, as soon as i spotted william out of the crowd of boys, i practically ran to him.

i jumped onto william's back, almost toppling over as he wasn't expecting it. and that's when i saw him...kasperi kapanen.