Scene 7 - The planet Marinus

The planet Marinus. The sea of death, highly acidic, circles around an island and its glass beaches. The consciousness of Marinus, a dangerously powerful supercomputer inside the dark pyramid, maintains the balance of power on the planet. Cliffs reach almost as high to the sky on this desolately remote island. Seemingly uninhabited, the island is dotted with bits of rubbish and debris. One-man submarine crafts are sat by the side of the shore, parked. So perhaps there was some form of life. The TARDIS is beginning to materialize, on a massive slab of hardened concrete. The scanner presents the planet before the Doctor checks the instruments once again.

Connor:

You've been here before?

Doctor:

Yes. Long time ago. Perhaps several hundred years ago too. Nothing seems to have really changed. Atmosphere good. The Daleks will be arriving within minutes.

Leela:

And in the meantime, we set a trap for the Daleks!

Doctor:

Quite.

The TARDIS doors are opened, they leave once more. Standing on the concrete on the island, they admire the view for a moment.

Connor:

It's beautiful.

Doctor:

Yes, I had to retrieve the four keys and return them to a massive supercomputer. I wonder if the Voord are still around.

Leela:

Where do we lay our ambush, Doctor?

The Doctor notices the cliffs.

Doctor:

Up there. Hoping the Daleks don't land up there. Come on.

They rush up to the top, speeding yet climbing up the hill. A massive rock is sat on the top. They head over. Just before they settle, a man jumps out. A scared, submissive, weak little man. Smelly, beardy, filthy, he backs away in shock.

Prisoner ZZ9:

What are you doing here?

Doctor:

Hello old chap. No need to be afraid.

Prisoner ZZ9:

Are you one of them? The Voord?

The Doctor bends down to his level.

Doctor:

There's no Voord around here.

Prisoner ZZ9:

Yes, well you can't be here. This is my hiding spot. Go find somewhere else!

Leela pulls out her knife as he screams.

ARGH! Alright, come down then. But keep quiet.

Leela:

You should keep quiet otherwise it will just be the three of us.

Doctor:

Alright, Leela. And your name is...

Prisoner ZZ9:

Prisoner ZZ9.

He shows the Doctor his scaring of the number on his chest.

Doctor:

Ooh! And the Voord did this I see.

Prisoner ZZ9:

Yes! They locked Prisoner ZZ9 up for years in that pyramid with that insane computer. Now I have escaped, I will get away from this island.