Scene 5 - EXTERMINATE!

The baron planet is being searched – by the Daleks. A small squad, four or five scan the area around carefully and analytically. Their heads turn and their stalks swing up and down. One of the Daleks stops for a moment. The Dalek thinks they can hear something – voices. It feels them through the vibrations.

Dalek 1:

HUMAN VOICES HAVE BEEN DETECTED!

Dalek 2:

VOICES LOCATED BELOW THE PLANET'S SURFACE.

Dalek 3:

IDENTIFYING NEAREST ACCESS POINT BELOW THE SURFACE.

Dalek 4:

CONTROL, THE HUMANS HAVE BEEN DETECTED!

They are communicating on a radio.

Dalek Supreme:

EXTERMINATE THE HUMANS! EXTERMINATE THEM!

Below the surface, the party are beginning to move and prepare.

Mitch:

A fascinating story, Doctor. So, do you know exactly how Davros was able to mutate his own race?

Louisa:

I thought you were the best scientist here, Mitch.

Leela:

Well, I guess we owe you people an apology. After what we left you to.

The Doctor seems distracted and unsettled like he knows something is above the surface. He rises. His hand begins to prickle and his hairs stand up on his right hand.

Louisa:

Forget it guys.

Doctor:

Quiet, everyone!

Connor:

You alright, Doctor?

Doctor:

I can feel the hairs on my hand standing. And my hair is also beginning to curl. Which means its either raining, or I'm onto something.

Leela:

I can feel it to. Like something is coming.

Doctor:

Ssshhh!

The room is silent. They hear something crawling downwards, breaking up the rocks as it makes its way into the hideout. There was only one thing it could be.

Out. Now. Everyone, quietly leave through the other entrance.

Dalek 1:

EXTERMINATE!

Doctor:

NOW!

They run! They all rush out, speedily. The Doctor last to leave. He narrowly misses a blast from the Dalek, firing endlessly at him.

Connor:

How far is the end of this thing?

Louisa:

Almost as far as the other one.

The party run down the windy passage, running for their lives as the Dalek invades their hideaway. They make it finally. The other four Daleks are still towards the other end of the passage, and Connor pokes his head out as he spots them staring down the hole, waiting for the Dalek, or livestock to exterminate. They take no chances. They just run out. All of them. One of the Daleks raises their eyestalk at them.