Chapter two- the cries of delight will soon turn to fright

What?? How is this book already at 300+ views?? And 9 Lives of Terror is at 9.1k, that's insane! Hopefully we can reach 10k, that's my next goal! 

The next few days with Bloodfang were hard. Silentpaw got up at the crack of dawn, sometimes even when it was still dark, to train with her mentor. As much as she hated to admit it, though, the grueling lessons were helpful. She was able to train with Ravenpaw and Galepaw again- sure, she didn't beat them, but she was able to hold her own against them much better. Maybe defensive moves aren't so mouse-brained after all.

However, despite Bloodfang's wishes, Silentpaw hadn't stayed away from Froststar. She spent her free time following him around camp, admiring the way he gave orders that went unquestioned. He's so strong. I'm going to be just like him. After all, he was Clan leader. Who wouldn't want to be like Froststar?

Silentpaw yawned, rising from her nest. I wonder what Bloodfang will make me do today. Careful to not step on any tails, Silentpaw slipped out of the apprentice's den and trotted over to where she saw her mentor standing with a group of other cats. When she got closer, Silentpaw recognized them all: they were all the cats from the Inner Circle.

Silentpaw had still been a kit when the Inner Circle had been established, but she remembered what happened. Even though Froststar had his entire Clan, he originally had a group of cats who were the most loyal to him. They had been his supporters when he was first climbing to power. Froststar had decided on ten cats to be part of the Inner Circle, which meant his supporters had to fight it out to decide which of them would become part of the Inner Circle. Nobody died, but it had been bloody, and some cats were lamed.

Silentpaw scanned the group of cats. Yes, they were all there. Cedarfur, the eldest of the group, a maple-brown tom with russet stripes and cedar-leaf green eyes. Then Thrushfeather, a mottled gray tom with leaf-green eyes. Silentpaw noticed the large scar that traveled from his hindquarters to his right leg. She didn't see it, but she knew from the stories that Thrushfeather had got that from fighting his brother, Larktalon.

In return, Thrushfeather had bitten off half his left ear, and partially blinded him in his left eye. Obviously, Thrushfeather had won the fight and was now part of the Inner Circle. Apparently the two brothers used to be very close before that happened. Standing next to Thrushfeather was Fernclaw, a gray tabby tom with brown eyes. His right ear was ripped down the middle, and even though she couldn't see it from where she was standing, a few large scars were on his shoulders. Silentpaw shivered.

I know if I want to be a part of the Inner Circle, I'll have to beat one of these cats. I might win, or lose. Either way, will I suffer wounds like these cats did? Standing in between Fernclaw and her mentor Bloodfang was Lilysplash. Lilysplash was a small cream-and-white she-cat. Silentpaw had learned that she was originally from RiverClan, a Clan that existed before Froststar's rule. Despite her size, Silentpaw knew the she-cat was not to be messed with. That was obvious from the large scar on her muzzle, where a few of her whiskers were missing. The white and cream she-cat was sitting down, slowing licking a paw. Unconcerned, uncaring.

Standing next to her and staring intently at Cedarfur who was speaking to the group was Marshfrog. Marshfrog was Bloodfang's brother, and both had been born in ShadowClan. Marshfrog was a dark brown tom with green eyes and a white chest and paws.

Next to him with a scowl on her face was Fiercefire, a golden brown she-cat with a white chin, a flash of white on her chest and ice-blue eyes. Apparently, she lived up to every aspect of her name. The last three cats were Tigerfang, Darkstone, and Dawnshadow. They were the lucky three, kits of Froststar and Mistfeather. The other kit, Spruceheart, was ThunderClan's medicine cat.