Dick x Reader-[Toxic Trait]

⚠️Written on my phone so I'm sorry for any spelling mistakes and shit like that⚠️
Inspiration: Photo above.  (Very loosely inspired)
***
As I walked through the crowded streets of Gotham City with my headphones on listening to whatever shit decided to play on my playlist, I was supposed to meet Dick at the park almost half an hour ago but something came up so I was running a bit late.

My phone buzzes once in my pocket signalling to me that I had a text message. I pulled my phone out and saw the text was from Dick.

If you didn't want to meet then you could have said.

Something came up, I'm almost there please wait.

What happened? Are you okay?

I laugh lightly at Dick concern.

I'm fine just a recurring issue that keeps happening to my goldfish.  I think he's going to die soon.

Since when did you have a goldfish? Are you sure you're okay?

I'm positive I'm okay. I'm just across the street, I can see you at the entrance.

I put my phone into my pocket and look up at Dick who's smiling at me as he stands under the gates of Gotham Park.

I smile back with a small wave.

I start to walk across the road when I hear Dick shout, "Y/N! Watch out!" Before I see him sprinting towards me.

I turn to my left and see a car speeding towards me, I panic and move my hand towards my face.

Crash.

Screams of panic and fear echo around me as I open my eyes and look at the car that just crashed into a wall that appeared out of thin air.

"Y/N!" Dick shouts in relief as he reaches me, "Are you okay?"

Surges of pale power start to spark in my hands as I look down at them in horror. My burden that I have kept hidden from the world for so long has finally been unleashed.

I look up at Dick with fear present in my eyes, "I need to go." I tell him as a shove my hands into my pocket.

By this time the police have arrived to asses the situation and I'm running away from the scene. The scene I caused, nothing bad should have happened to anyone else. I should have accepted my fate and let myself be hit. No one should know about my burden.

I push through the crowd of nosy people that have formed as I run back through the same path I ran to get here. I can feel sparks still emitting from my hands as I feel the energy in my body drain.

"Y/N, wait up!" I hear Dick call from behind me as I reach the door that leads to my apartment building.

"Dick just stay away from me, I don't want to hurt you." I say in a shaky voice.

"You're not going to hurt me, I know you're not because you'd never hurt me," He says softly as he steps in front of me, "Do you want to know how I know you won't hurt me? Because if you were truly going to hurt me you would've done it by now and you wouldn't let me hug you."

Dick wraps his arms around me and forms a protective shield around me, it makes me feel safe to know that he still accepts me even though I'm a freak of nature.

***
A/N:
I'm on a roll tonight.
Don't forget to leave requests and give me something to do because I've finished school.

-Millie 💜