Chapter 5

Bob Marley played quietly, windows rolled down, a light breeze settling in. The ride home shouldn't have been this awkward. Yet, Michael and Jeremy had nothing to say to one another. "So, Michael..." Jeremy looked over at him, staring at the patches on his jacket, afraid to look Michael in the eyes. "I wanted to tell you how much I regret Friday," Shifting in his seat, Jeremy took a slow breath, "I'm sorry."

"You're sorry." The tone was harsh, but Michael didn't care enough to turn his attention to Jeremy.

"Yes, Michael. I don't deserve someone like you as a f-friend," Jeremy's head fell, "I can't take it back, can I?"

Michael's grip on the steering wheel tightened. His teeth clenching, "Jeremy," Michael glanced through the window. "We're here."

Jeremy clutched his backpack, biting back words, "I uh...yea... I will... See ya." Then he left.

Michael softened his grip on the steering wheel, trying to relax himself before pulling out of Jeremy's driveway. He wanted a distraction, music. He turned up the volume.

"...and now for the requested song of the day! Stay by Rihanna, requested by Cailey. Seems like someone's feeling a bit down today?"

This isn't the distraction I needed...

Michael really didn't want to hear this, but it was one of those times when the song spoke to you emotionally. He hummed along softly, tears welling up at the rim of his eyes.

"Round and around and around and around we go!~" He sang (very off pitch.) Tears fell but Michael was feeling better. Maybe a good cry was what he needed?

***
A/N: so I'm not dead. But also next chapter is rlly short but like- not an actual chapter ok??? I'm sorry for such a long wait. I've had so much going on in my personal life and I'm now in a safe place so yay! More chapters will be coming soon, I promise! <3