chapter three

after lunch, dr. fell and dr. crowley drove back to the campus, but stayed in the car.

one student, who thought the car was empty, decided to check out dr. crowleys car. his professor always talked about it, he just wanted to see it in person.

who he didnt see were dr. fell and dr. crowley, snogging in the backseat. he walked closer to the car and saw his professors.

dr. fell caught his eye and quickly pulled away, covering his face in shame. dr. crowley blushed and rolled down the window.

"can i help you?"

the student stood there, dumbfounded. "uh... i-i just came to check out your car..."

dr. crowley got out of the car and looked at the student. "look, youre a good kid, right?" he nodded.

"right. lets not tell anyone. never tell anyone what you saw, or there will be consequences, got it?"

the student nodded and walked away. crowley look at aziraphale, who was nearly hysterical. silent, however.

crowley climbed back in and looked at aziraphale nervously, then putting his arm around him.

aziraphale leaned on him, his head on his shoulder. "what if he tells people?"

crowley shook his head. "dont worry about it." aziraphale nodded.

"i have a lecture in 15..." aziraphale sighed. "so ill see you at three?"

crowley grinned. "sounds good." he kissed his cheek and got out of the car.

aziraphale smiled to himself and got out, walking back to his classroom. he kept smiling to himself, blushing and thinking about his husband.

crowley was in the greenhouse, watering his plants. he hummed softly, wasting time until three. he didnt have anymore lectures for the day.

he walked back into his office, sat in his chair, and lit a cigarette. aziraphale didnt know about his smoking habit, and he would like to keep it thay way.

crowley picked up a picture of him and aziraphale, specifically their wedding picture. he took off his glasses and set them on the table.

"oh angel, i dont want to lie to you... i cant risk you wanting to leave me." he sighed and inhaled, slowly exhaling.

he looked around his office, then stood up and put out his cigarette. he checked his watch, two and a half hours to go.

crowley decided to buy something for his angel. give him a present for marrying (for some forsaken reason) him. he walked back to his bentley and started driving to the mall.

dr. fell was beginning his lecture. the students muttered quietly to each other, hearing rumors about him being married.

"please be quiet so i can begin." dr. fell rose his voice more than normal. they werent listening to him. what were they talking about that could be so important?

"everybody, quiet!" he shouted. it was definitely a first for him, and his students. they looked at him with wide eyes and forgot about what they were talking about.

"i don't know what is so important that we cannot start class, but i would like to hear it!" aziraphale didnt realize the mistake he had made.

one student spoke up. "well, we heard that youre married... to dr. crowley." dr. fells face dropped. he had forgotten about the incident earlier, and now it was coming back to bite.

"where did you hear that from, dmitri?"

"uh... people were whispering about it. is it true?" aziraphale sighed.

"hold on." he walked over to the telephone and dialed crowleys number. luckily, he picked up.

"what is it angel?"

"hi dr. crowley, i was wondering if you could come to my class quickly..." aziraphale had caught him just after he returned to buy him a present.

"of course, ill be down soon." crowley could never say no to his angel.

"thank you, goodbye." dr. fell hung up and walked back to the front of the class. "dr. crowley will be here in a minute and we will discuss this."

the students groaned. after a minute, dr. crowley walked in.

"hi dr. fell, whats going on?" crowley stood next to aziraphale.

"my students told me they heard a rumor that we're married, so i called you in. crowley nodded.

"so theres a rumor going around, hm? where have you been hearing that?"

"just... around school... people have been talking about it since lunch, so probably about an hour." aziraphale and crowley looked at each other. they decided it was time to come clean.

crowley cleared his throat. "people are saying we're married?" the students nodded. he looked at aziraphales lips and grabbed his jacket, pulling him closer and kissing him.

the students started in shock. crowley pulled away and wiped his mouth. "does that answer your question?" the students nodded.

aziraphale stood there, blushing and looking at crowley. crowley smiled at him. "ill see you at three. come to my office." he winked and left.

aziraphale bit his lip and looked at his students. "theres your answer..." the students smiled. "you guys are so cute together! congrats! etc etc."

aziraphale knew his students would accepting, but he never wanted to share. he knew everything would be okay.