chapter four

aziraphales last lecture had ended, now he was walking to crowleys car. crowley was sitting on the hood, fidgeting because he cant smoke.

aziraphale placed his hand on crowleys. "are you okay, dear?" crowley nodded.

"im great."

"you look pale... are you running a fever?" aziraphale felt his forehead. he was clammy, sure, but he didnt have a fever.

crowley gave him a smile. "its okay. i have something for you." aziraphale lit up.

"really?" crowley nodded and pulled out a small bag, handing it to aziraphale. aziraphale opened it, taking a necklace with a small serpent on it.

aziraphale couldnt help but laugh. "crowley its you!" crowley nodded.

"i thought youd like it."

"i do! now ill always have something to remember you by." aziraphale looked as happy as he did when crowley proposed. anything from crowley was the most important to him.

aziraphale put it on and beamed at his husband. "how does it look?" crowley looked at him with the biggest heart eyes.

"amazing, angel. you look amazing." aziraphale pecked his cheek.

"whats our plans for tonight?"

"i thought we'd just stay in. relax for the night." aziraphale nodded.

"okay, does this mean we get to watch a movie?" crowley nodded and adjusted aziraphales bowtie.

"sure does."

"ooooh! can we watch wilde! i heard it's a great movie! i love oscar wilde!"

"of course angel, lets get home, okay?" aziraphale nodded and got in the car, crowley doing the same.

as they were driving, aziraphale leaned his head on crowleys shoulder. crowley glanced down at him and put his arm around him, kissing the top of his head.

"i love you, crowley."

crowley sighed. "...shut up..." aziraphale smiled.

"could you slow down? please?"

"angel! its not that bad!" aziraphale bit his lip. he glanced up at crowley, who was busy humming along to queen, then sat up and scooted away from crowley.

crowley looked at aziraphale is disbelief. "angel?" aziraphe did not respond, but rather stared out the window.

crowley sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "please...?" aziraphale continued to look out the window.

"why cant you just drive normally?! why do you always have to break the law?! can you just do something right for once?!" aziraphale seemed testier than usual. he was fussy, of course, but he never usually yelled at crowley.

crowley bit his lip and looked straight ahead. he didnt know how to respond to that.

aziraphale huffed. "well? are you just gonna ignore me now?!" crowley looked at him and placed his hand on top of aziraphales.

"angel, you know id never want to hurt you!"

"well then why cant you drive safely?! why do you have to put our lives in danger because you like to drive fast?!" crowley bit the inside of his cheek.

"...were here..." crowley stopped the car and got out. aziraphale got out and looked at crowley, wondering if he was too mean to him. he was an angel after all, but more importantly, crowleys angel. no one could take that away from him.

they walked inside, aziraphale trailing behind crowley. crowley found himself at the alcohol cabinet, hesitantly grabbing a bottle of whisky and looking down at it.

aziraphale stood at the front door, fidgeting. he shuffled over to crowley.

"crowley, dear... im sorry..." he looked up at him with the biggest puppy dog eyes. crowley looked down at him and put an arm around him, pulling him closer.

"dont worry about it, angel. do you still wanna watch a movie?" aziraphale smiled slightly and nodded.

"i-if youre okay with it, id love to!" crowley put the whisky back and walked over to the couch, sitting down and opening his arm for aziraphale.

aziraphale laid next to him, leaning on him. crowley put his arm around him.

"if you want food, let me know what you want, angel." aziraphale hummed and nodded, grabbing a blanket and putting it over himself. crowley turned on the movie and watched.

-a while later-

aziraphale looked up at crowley. he scooted up a little and pecked his neck. crowley looked down at him.

"hmm?"

"do you want pizza?"

"uhhhh- i dont care. what do you want on it?"

"onions and mushrooms please." aziraphale gave his cutest smile. crowley looked at him.

"you kill me."

"yeah okay just order the pizza please."