Chapter 13

I sit in between my master and Mace Windu as Qui- Gon tells them about the mission. When I had entered Yoda had immediately looked to his left, which is where I now sat. I noticed Qui- Gon and Obi wan's surprised faces but began to relax as I was more in the calming presence of Yoda.

"He was trained in the Jedi arts. My only conclusion can be that it was a Sith Lord." Qui- Gon tells them and I tense, remembering the way the darkness had crawled along my skin, and made me sick. Yoda glances over at me thoughtfully and I cast my eyes downward, slumping again.

   "Impossible. The Sith have been extinct for a millennium." The Jedi on the side of Yoda said. I wrinkled my brow in confusion, trying to remember who he is. Oh! Master Ki-Adi-Mundi.

   "I don't believe the sith could have returned without us knowing." Master Windu states, and looks over me to Yoda. The dark skinned man glances down at me and I just grimace a little, looking back at Yoda.

   "Ah, hard to see, the dark side is. What say you, Holly." Yoda turns his eyes on me and I'm aware of all eyes sticking on my sitting figure. I freeze, my shoulders tightening and I cough a little.

   "I-I uh. Well. When we fought him, he was well trained. And he.... well he had a red lightsaber. Like mine, double blades. One on each end from the looks. I-I don't know what more I can do......" I finish meekly and cringe a little as I look up at them. I wish I could tell them, and Yoda knows I can help, but he also knows I could endanger everyone.

   "We will use all our resources to unravel this mystery. We will discover the identity of your attacker. Thank you Padawan Woods for those details, we are grateful. May the force be with you." Mace looks troubled at my description, as do many others, and nods to me in thanks.

   I prepare to get up but freeze and sit back down as Qui- Gon remains in the center. Obi wan stops walking and turns back, waiting for his master. We meet eyes and I feel my pulse quicken slightly. I give him a small smile then look back down at my hands before anyone notices.

   "Master Qui- Gon. More to say have you?" My master questions him. His eyes slightly narrowed. I suck in a breath and hold it, waiting for the bombshell.

   "With your permission my master. I have encountered a vergence in the force." He states and everyone sits there, silently in shock. I let out the air in a bomb-shell whistle and make a little explosion sound at the end.

   "Bomb shell. Dropped." I whisper and snort a little when they turn to me. My face goes red and I mutter a embarrassed but still laughter laced, "sorry".

   "A vergence, you say?" Yoda, bless his heart ignores me except for an amused look cast my way, and leans forward in his seat slightly while asking the question.

   "Located around a person?" Windu continues, also slightly confused. I shift, feeling pressure at the back of my head. Voices. Lots and lots of voices. I grimace and my hand goes up to press to my head.

   "Ow." I grit out and shake it, as if to shake them into submission. I know it was the senate. Which means they must be gathering. I feel another headache coming on and grit my teeth against it, my hand on my head instead going to Yoda's chair to brace myself.

   "A boy. His cells have the highest concentration of midi-chlorian I have seen in a life form. It is possible he was conceived by the midi-chlorians." Yoda places his hand on mine and I look up. His gaze meets mine and I form a mask, trying to hide the pain. He just hums and shakes his head. I sigh and my face crumpled back into a grimace.

   "Tell them, we will have to." He states lowly to me and I shake my head. The council's eyes flicker to me every once and awhile as they are silent.