Chapter Twenty-four

They all looked at me like I was their leader. I am Nicolene, an innocent girl who was robed from her young life and became a vampire.

Mama, Grant, Aviana, Captain Sir, Caroline and Markham, they are my team and guess I am their leader. Joey went off and played with some friends he made on board, that should keep him busy for awhile.

They all stood in my room before me, I looked at mama who gave me a firm nod which was the little boost of confidence that I needed. I wiped my clammy hands on my white cotton dress and ran them through my hair.

"Okay. Thank you all for coming. I know that I had no right to turn you into a vampire but I feel as if though I have no choice. I will be turning more people because I need an army of you all,"

"Why?" It was Markam who asked, he asked as soon as I finished my sentence.

"Because we want to kill Count Dracula,"

Caroline laughed. She laughed alone and then looked around the silent room. This wasn't a joke, not the time for laughter and she caught that, "are you all insane? Count Dracula? He doesn't exist,"

"But... you're a vampire dear child, at this point I don't even know what to believe," Sir Captain told.

She nodded her head, her brown rough hair bouncing. She looks like a mess and I'm to blame. "Okay, let's say he does exist and he's exactly like the stories potray him to be... how can we fight against him or his army? It's suicide,"

Aviana bite her lower lip and nodded her head. She walked up to me and gave me a pat behind the back and I stood aside. She stood upright, hands behind her back like a general or someone in power. One always automatically gives her respect because she carries herself with this confidence and with dignity. She is so sure of herself and of those around her and I just love that about her. I just love how she always seems to feed me her confidence.

"I have been apart of his direct coven for hundreds of years,"

They muttered, all very surprised. Aviana ignored their amusement and just raised her voice slightly to gain control of the situation.

"Yes, they out number us and they always will. Count Dracula has a huge coven and we cannot compete with that. They're strong and they're fast but where they go wrong is that you're much stronger than them. Count Dracula is the most powerful vampire alive, no doubt but his twin brides are nearly as powerful as him. No normal vampire can take them because they're that powerful. Nicolene here is as strong as his brides and that's our advantage,"

"Yeah but she is the only one that powerful," Markam stated.

Aviana nodded her head and slightly smirked, "the twin brides literal job is to give birth to The Count's children and give off some of their powers to the children. Their children are the third most poweful amongst the vampires and you all are as powerful as the children, who are known as the third rated alphas. Imagine an army full of third rated alphas, that's the beginning of what we all are. Together we can be unstoppable,"

"We're more powerful than you?" Sir Captain asked and she nodded her head.

"We need to train," I added, "the vampires are trained in combat and we need to train as well, if we're going to go up against them,"

"Shouldn't we expand?" Markham asked.

I nodded my head, "our plan is to eventually turn everyone on board. Minus the elders and children,"

Sir Captain whistled his disbelief, "excuse me, what?" He wondered aloud scratching his left eyebrow with his thumb. His eyes huge.

I nodded my head, "it's for the best. It is to get rid of the evil in this world, Count Dracula,"

It went better than I thought it would, Caroline was just upset that they and soon the rest of them didn't have a say in all of this. Being turned that is. Yes, it really isn't fair to anyone but I guess it's for the best.

Aviana is to train them and had to pick up the pace and turn people faster. So I went out and four new people joined our team. They were informed of the plan and frankly they have no say in anything. They must obey because I am their leader and they must get that through their heads.

The weeks past and more people were turned, thank god that we've decided not to turn the elders and children because we would be running out of blood. As the weeks turned to months we weren't hiding anymore, we out numbered the humans and made it known that ship was ours. They played along real nice which we loved. They even offered their blood. Crazy what a little fear can do, but I must say obedience is sweet.

But all this power rush is just that, a rush. I get nervouse during the day before I fall asleep. What are we thinking? The Count will kill us all off. One by one. Or, maybe he doesn't and we are victorious. What happens then? I become the next Count Dracula? Months have past and I am still afraid to turn into that.