Chapter Twenty-seven

They packed their clothes on a ship as soon as the sun had set and some vampires even came to greet them. She saw one of The Count's biological sons Liam approaching the ship with a vampire carry his baggage.

He stopped before Valerie with a bright smile and nodded his head once to greet her. She was puzzled.

"Why would you want to come with, your royal highness?"

She rolled her eyes and folded her arms awaiting his response. He didn't answer right away, his red eyes remained on her metallic grey illuminating eyes. He smirked, exposing his long fangs, "it's simple. I'm bored and would love to get to know you, Val, especially since you're a cranter. I think you cranters are a very interesting breed of bloodsuckers,"

She nodded her head and turned around and proceeded to the ship. He just followed her on board. She stood there and watched the others down on land and Liam joined her. "Why do you think father is doing this?"

He shrugged and looked at his sister. Her pale blue face had a look of worry or maybe she was just scared. He grabbed her small cold hand in his and she gave him a weak smile. "Hey, you will be fine. Father loves how callous you are and he truly believes that you deserve a seat at the adult table,"

She chuckled and nodded her head.

"You're a leader, Val, and he thinks it's amazing how you're so heartless. It's just one of the qualities he wants in a leader,"

Simon got on board. They greeted the onlookers and the ship was off.

Valerie looked at the view from her bedroom window, the weather was beautiful. Thick grey clouds which meant that she could walk around on deck and get to know the other bloodsuckers, but she'll probably only hang out with Simon because she feels at ease with him. She's comfortable around him and other people don't seem to understand her until they know her, and fortunately for Simon, he already knows Valerie. After all, they've spent half their lives together.

He knocked on her coffin and smirked, "are these things even comfortable?"

She gave him a small smile and nodded her head. "Why would we sleep in it?" Was her reply. Her voice flat.

Simon knowing Valerie knew that something was up and so he walked up to her and held her hand as he stared in her eyes. She looked right back into his and gave him a tiny smile of worry, "this is such a huge responsibility. What if I mess it up? What if I fail? What if all the vampire Queens are right?"

He squeezed her hand and lifted them to his thin lips and kissed her knuckles, "since when are you so in your own head? All you have to do is kill the pharoh and bring his daughter with us, and the potion. Come on, that's easy. Just deliver it to Helena,"

Her smile broadened, "you make it seem so easy,"

"Because I'm sure it will be."

She wriggled her hand free from his grip and further looked around her room. It was dark and dusty with thick spiderwebs in the corners. It was pretty actually. There was a bed on the opposite side of her coffin, one for Simon to sleep on. It was a king-size and covered in expensive strong green linen duvets embroidered with a golden thread making beautiful patterns. It had beautiful tassels around the bedding and the pillow covers. He threw his body on his bed and spread out his arms and legs. "Uh, this feels great,"

He said as he placed his arms under his head. "I think I'll take a short nap even,"

She smirked. Liam knocked on their bedroom door as a mean to get her attention and gestured for her to follow him. "You do that. I'll be with Liam."

She closed the door behind her and followed Liam who had also already settled in. He took her around the ship, showed her everything she needs to know about and ended up in a large room with hundreds upon hundreds of humans tied up. The humans screamed as they entered, but their sounds were drowned out by the tape around their mouth. Liam and Valerie didn't do anything, didn't even come to do anything but the humans were already terrified. Of course, they'd be, they were kidnapped by bloodsuckers and was afraid of the inevitable.

Liam smirked as he looked down on the humans on the floor, his red eyes shining through the darkroom. It scared the humans even more. "How does it feel, Val? Being feared like this?"

She never thought of life like this. Sure she knew that humans tremble at their sight, who wouldn't? They're killers, but she's never really envisioned a life where she was a leader because she knew she was nothing but a child in Count Dracula's coven. Sure she knew she was special to him somewhat, after all, he has always wanted a child he can call his and his alone. Yeah, he has Liam and his siblings, but somehow that was different. The Count always wanted a child to make him feel normal, and since Valerie wasn't really important in the structure of his coven, she was that to him. She isn't just another bloodsucker, she is his pride and joy. And so she wasn't looking forward to disappointing her father.

"Feels amazing. I can't wait to be a Vampire Queen."