Ancano x Nord!Reader

A great request by~ Al3xTh3B35t~!

Also, would anyone be interested if I wrote a Knight-Paladin Gelebor x reader oneshot? I'm highly considering writing one or...five...or....ten.... ^^"

I fiddled with my amulet of Talos, humming softly to myself. I heard my humming echo slightly in my dorm room. I quickly hid the amulet under my shirt when Ancano stepped in. He glared.

"You don't think I don't know you worship Talos?" He asked, crossing his arms. 

"U-Um..Who's T-Talos?" Ancano's glare seemed to burn through me. I held onto my arm, rubbing it slightly.

"Oh, stop it, Y/n." Ancano stepped in front of me, pulling my amulet out from hiding.

"Ancano, before you kill me for worshiping Talos, can I ask you something?" Ancano let go of my amulet harshly, nearly throwing it at me, but seeing that it was still around my neck, it didn't really hurt.

"I wasn't planning on killing you in the first place. What." I sighed and stared at my bed sheets.

"Why are you so against people that don't worship what you worship? We all have different opinions on things..." I whispered out, scared to speak any louder. Ancano sat on my bed, sighing.

"People that worship Talos are ridiculous and clueless. Not to mention stupid for following in the steps of Talos." He replied, then heard me sniffle a little.

"I guess I'm ridiculous and clueless AND stupid, then..." I felt warm tears roll down my face. Ancano tried to ignore the guilt that was towering up inside of him.

"Y-You're...not." He admitted. He didn't dare turn to face me. Instead, he faced the floor, counting the wooden panels.

"But you just said I'm ridiculous, clueless and stupid! How could you?" Ancano growled.

"You dare disrespect the Advisor? Y/n, look, I'm trying not to...I'm...I have to go." He got up and left the room, the silence afterwords almost deafening. I rolled to my side, sniffling and silently crying.

"How could he..." I whimpered.

~

A few days later, Ancano was avoiding me at all costs. He never spoke to me in class, never came to visit me, never even took one glance towards me. He knew how much he hurt me. One day, he had enough of this. After class, he went to Onmund, one of my best friends.

"Onmund,... may I ask you something?" Ancano asked. Onmund looked a little confused, a bit worried, but nodded.

"Sure, what do you need, Advisor?" Ancano sighed.

"I hurt Y/n! I didn't mean it, I really didn't, and she took it the wrong way, thinking I called her clueless, stupid, and ridiculous, but really she's not! She's amazing, smart, and beautiful. I tried to tell her this, but she ignored me. The next day, I tried talking to her, but she passed me like I wasn't there. Next day, I looked at her, but she was facing the other way, ignoring my presence once again. I tried talking to Tolfdir to see if he could help, but all he said was to leave her alone. I can't leave her be, I messed up. Big time. I can't just carry on with my life without at least hearing her forgiving me for my horrible words. Oh, why am I such an idiot?" Onmund stared at Ancano for a few seconds after his rant.

"Sounds like you just need to talk to her. Actually." Onmund told the Altmer. 

"DID YOU NOT HEAR MY RANT? I TRIED-"

"Ancano?" My sweet voice broke the tension in the air, I leaned on the doorway to the classroom, staring at him sadly. Ancano went to me slowly.

"Y/n, I'm so sorry...I didn't mean to say any of those words..especially to you. If you worship Talos, you worship Talos. If you constantly wear that amulet, wear that amulet by all means. Just..please..." Ancano looked down, as if he was trying to hide his tears. "...Don't leave me." His voice was quivering. I wrapped my arms around him quickly, feeling him hug me back. I felt his breathing become jagged and soft sobs escape his mouth. I felt warm tears soak my shoulder, and I rubbed his back.

"It's okay,...I forgive you...I forgive you." I reassured. Ancano usually never shows this part of him, but he couldn't hold it in anymore. He needed to be with me then and there.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." Ancano repeated in between sobs. I cupped his face, wiping the oncoming tears.

"Hey, stop crying. It's not like you." I saw him smile and actually let out a giggle. I blushed slightly at that, and saw him giggle more. He cupped my face, resting his forehead on mine.

"I love you...so...so...so much....you're so gorgeous....you're really intelligent.... I can't think of anyone that compares to you." Ancano whispered with a smile. I blushed more, then pecked his lips quickly.

"Same to you." He grinned, making my heart beat faster. My stomach felt like ten thousand butterflies were fluttering around. I pulled him to me, kissing him longer this time. His pale yellow face was tinted red. As we pulled away.

"Stay with me. Please?" Ancano asked, reaching his hand out to grab mine. I accepted his hand and offer and we headed to my chambers for cuddles.

852 words