CHAPTER ONE ~ MADMAX

NOTE: Back again! 

Word Count: 1733

~~~

     "Will get your ass outta bed!" I yanks the blanket off my twin before rushing out into the kitchen were mom is sitting out bowls for cereal. 

      "Watch your mouth, Francis." Mom lightly scolds me as I snag a box of cocoa puffs from the cabinet and dump some into a bowl. 

     "C'mon mom, you curse all the time." 

     "Do as I say, not as I do." 

     Jonathan is already at the table and dressed as I sit down across from him, ignoring his amused smile. Instead of saying anything I decide shoving bite of puffs into my mouth and focusing on the news paper on the table is better than any words I could snap at my brother. Will walks out a minute or two later, still in his pajamas as  he takes a bowl for his own cereal. 

     "Okay, I gotta run." Mom kissed Wills head, than mine and finally Jonathan's. "You guys be careful and have a good day." 

     "Bye mom!" 

    "You too, mom." 

     We all speak at the same time and after the doors shut, I look to your twin. "You slept through your alarm again."

     "I was tired." 

     "Well we better not be late because you were tired." 

~~~

     At school, my locker is just a few down from Will's. Sometimes I love that. Other times I don't. Today is one of those day's were I am glad because as I go to walk past, I spot the new paper clipping in Will's hand. 'Zombie boy' is written in green ink and rage fills my mind. 

     "Who wrote that?" I snatch the paper out of Will's hand and stare at it before look up and down the hallway. 

     "It doesn't matter, Frankie." Will says quietly and he tries to grab the paper back but I move it out of his reach before he can. 

     "It does matter, Will." I snap and spot Troy down the wall from us snickering with his buddies. "Troy! Did you do this?" I march down towards the bully and shove the news paper clipping in his face. 

     "Jesus, Byers." Troy and his friends laugh. "Get your crazy sister under control."

     "Oh, you wanna see crazy?" I growl and grab the front of the boys shirt yanking him forward so that we're face to face. "I can show you crazy, you asshole-"

     "Miss. Byers!" 

     The bell rings and glancing over my shoulder at the principle, I decide it's probably best not to start a fight right in the middle of the hallway. So, I shove Troy away and grab Will's hand before storming past him and down the hall towards our first class.

~~~

    "Meet the human brain." Mr. Clarke begins with an exited grin on his face as he sets down the fake brain. "I know. I know, it doesn't look like much. A little gross even, right? But consider this. There are a hundred billion cells inside of this miracle of evolution. All working as one. No, no, I did not misspeak. I did not stutter. A hundred billion."

     Just as he finishes the sentence, the class room door opens and in walks a girl with fiery red hair and a shit ton of freckles, along with the Principal. 

     "Ah, this must be our new student."

     "Indeed. All yours." The principle quickly takes his leave as the girl tries to pass Mr. Clarke to go to a seat.