CHAPTER TWO ~ TRICK OR TREAT, FREAK

Word Count: 3546

~~~

     "Swear, Francis!"  Will whisper shouts at me and I cross my arms. 

     "You have to tell mom, Will." I stare at him as he shakes his head. "You can't not tell her when you have episodes."

     "It wasn't an episode!" 

     "Oh really?" I snap and take a step closer to him. "Then why did I find you in the front yard at three in the morning, huh?" 

    "I just wanted some fresh air, Frankie!" 

     "Yeah, I'm sure you did." I shake my head and move to walk past him to the hallway. 

    "Francis, please?" 

     The desperation in my brothers voice makes me stop. I turn to look at him but he's got tears in his eyes and I have to look away. I can feel his panic through the string at the back of my neck and I have to rub that spot to make it stop. 

    "Dammit, Will."  I close my eyes before nodding. "Fine. But, only  if  you tell me if it happens again?" 

     Will quickly nods in agreement. 

     "Swear?" 

      "Swear." 

~~~

     "Alright, Frankie." Mom knocks on my door right before she opens it, making me groan and pull my pillow over my head. "Up n' at em." 

     It's not until I hear mom doing the same thing at Will's door that I get up. It takes me a solid few minutes to will myself to get into a pair of jeans and a striped shirt. Then I hear mom's panicked voice and I poke my head out of my room to see whats happening. 

     "Jonathan?" Mom calls as she gets to the opening of the hall by the kitchen.

     "Yeah?"

     "Where's Will?"

     "What?" 

     "Where is Will?" 

     "He's not in his room?" I ask as I come around the corner behind mom and she quickly shakes her head. A noise from the bathroom quickly catches moms attention and she rushes past me. After hearing Will and her talk, I walk to the fridge and grab the milk canter. 

     "You better be using a class." Jonathan says behind me and I roll my eyes before turning to face him and taking a long swig from the container. Never breaking eye contact. Jonathan winces at the sight and shakes his head. 

    "Can I barrow one of your sweaters?" He gives me a look.

    "Why?" 

     "So I can look like a homeless person for Halloween." I joke with a grin and he glares. 

     "No." 

     "Please." 

     "I said no." Jonathan shakes his head. "Why would I help you after you just insulted me?" 

     "Because, I'm your favorite?" 

     "There are no favorites in this house." Mom speaks up as Jonathan grabs the camera to take pictures of Will in his Ghostbusters custom. While he's doing that I walk to his room and find one of his old sweatshirts, which is a little big on me. It hangs about halfway down my thighs but it's super comfy so I just roll up the sleeves and wear it anyway.