CHAPTER NINE ~ THE GATE

Word Count: 3537 

Changers where made in chapters Six and Seven (7/16/19) if you have not already seen them. Sorry for my stupidity lol!

~~~

     "It's not like it was before." Hopper sighs, we are all gathered around the table again, this time explaining everything to Eleven. "A lot, and I mean, considering we can get in there. The place is crawling with those dogs."

     "Demo-dogs." Dustin states, looking over his shoulder at Hopper. 

     "I'm sorry, what?" 

     "I said, uh, Demo-dogs. Like Demogorgon and dogs. You put them together, it sounds pretty badass-"

     "How is this important right now?" 

     "It's not. I'm sorry."

     "I can do it." Eleven cuts in, making everyone look to her. 

     "You're not hearing me." Hopper tries but Eleven just cuts him off again.

     "I'm hearing you. I can do it."

      "Even if El can, there's still another problem." Mike interrupts. "If the brain dies, the body dies."

     "I thought that was the whole point." Max glances at Mike.

     "It is, but if we're really right about this... I mean, if El can close the gate and kills the mind flayer's army..."

     "Will." I whisper and look up at Mike, who nods at me. 

     "Closing the gate with kill him."

     Everyone looks back and forth between mom, me and Jonathan. Jonathan leans against the wall and I have to sit down at the table when those words really sink in. We all stay like this for a long time. No one willing to break the silence that is heavy in the air around us. Until mom stands. 

     She stands and heads down the hallway, all of us immediately following after her as she goes into Will's room. "He likes it cold." 

     "What?" Hopper asks and mom glances up at the man.

     "That's what Will kept saying to me. He likes it cold." She walks over to Will's bedroom window and pushes it shut. "We keep giving it what it wants."

     "If this is a virus, and Will's the host, then..." Nancy starts and Jonathan finishes. "Then we need to make the host uninhabitable."

     "So if he likes it cold.." I say and mom cuts me off to finish the thought. "We need to burn it out of him."

     "We have to do it somewhere he doesn't know this time." Mike states.

     "Yeah, somewhere far away." Dustin adds.

     I follow Hopper, Jonathan and mom out to the car. Hopper sets Will in the back seat and says something to Jonathan, but I don't check it as mom grabs my shoulders. "Francis, I don't want coming with us, I don't want you to see this."

    "Mom-" 

     "No." She shakes her head and looks over her shoulder at Jonathan. "I don't even want your brother seeing this, Frankie, but I need him there."

     "I can help." 

     "I know you can." She nods and meets my gaze and smiles a little sadly. "But not with this."