Blackberry Tea

DO I HAVE TO SAY I DONT OWN THE TITANS HERE...CAUSE I DONT. ALRIGHT MOVING ALONG.

The inside of the tower was eerily silent as four of the most powerful beings in all of Jump City laid their heads down in peaceful dreamless slumber. The day had worn the team out.

They had started their day with the most daunting task; doing the tower's grocery shopping. It seemed like just one of those days when the villains would put their plotting on hold and the teens would enjoy a day of mediocre chores when midway through checkout some unlucky thieves had decided to rob the ATM from across the street. They dealt with them easily enough, handing them over to the authorities grocery bags hanging off of each titans arms as the officers waved them goodbye when another band of imbeciles decided to take the chief of police's car for a joy ride a few blocks down. Raven and Starfire were dispatched to tackle the most important job of getting the heap of grocery bags home before any harm could befall them. Robin sprang into action, rapelling to the nearest roof building and leaping from rooftop to rooftop in the direction of the police chief's distress call as Cyborg hung off a large Pterodactyl's feet rocketing towards the commotion. The petty thieves were dealt with almost as quickly as the last even missing two titans. Beast Boy had launched Cyborg onto the street directly in the path of the careening vehicle and the sight of his canon armed and raised in their direction was enough to halt the once bold men. Loud tire screeches echoed off the building as Beast Boy and Robin landed on the sidewalk nearby. The joyriders were swiftly moved from the front of the car to the security of the back seat as officers replaced them up front and once again the titans thought this was the end and that they'd finally return to the tower for a task more tedious than picking up the common street thugs; putting away the groceries.

However, it seemed Beast Boy's silent prayers to not have to unpack any of Cyborg's many, many, way too many, seriously dude how many do you need, bags of meat were answered. Just not in a way that would have pleased the green bean. They hadn't walked not five feet back in the direction of where they were to meet Raven so she could teleport them back home when another distress call sounded off though this one was halfway across the town. The teens groaned silently and took off in the direction. The rest of the day was spent in a similar manner. Dropping off one petty criminal just to have to vault over to another one not too far away. It seemed every criminal in the city had decided this was they day they would try and get lucky. They must have lost their minds.

This is how all the titans had ended up so exhausted by the events of the day they had gone to bed at the all too reasonable and mature hour of 8 p.m. Bags of food that had yet to be unpacked had been hurriedly crammed into the refrigerator, much to Beast Boy's dismay when he realized laying in bed that Cy's meats might drip their disgusting fluids all over his soy products.

Beast Boy sighed and rose wearily making his way over to the titan's kitchen. He breathed in relief as he reached the freezer door and opened it to see his soy was perfectly safe on top of a very messy stack of assorted animal products. He noticed it seemed as if someone had thought along the same lines as him earlier and had organized the groceries.

"Well, all but Cy's leaning tower of slaughter."

He opened up the other fridge door and was faced with rows of different brands of mustard all standing like perfect soldiers ready for Starfire to devour on one shelf, his organic eggs and soy milk along with other vegetarian oddities he enjoyed on another, and another shelf filled with what you may say are basic foods you'd find in an average fridge, like cold cuts and cow milk. Every row was pristine. Beast Boy silently marveled at the sight as his hand drifted towards a carton of soy milk. His muscles were weary from all the animal shifting today but the gurgle of his stomach was enough to keep him in the kitchen a little longer. As he poured himself a bowl frosted wheaties he looked around the kitchen and for the first time he noticed the kettle sitting in the sink.

"Maybe Rae organized the fridge when she came to make her tea," he figured.

He padded over cereal bowl in one hand while he hovered the other near the surface of the kettle. It was still hot.

"Damn, I must've just missed her," he frowned. "That must be some good tea if it got her out of bed. She looked exhausted."

Beast Boy sulked over to one of the island counter stools and hopped on. It's not like he hadn't just seen her all day but today he felt cheated. He felt all the criminals today had cheated him out of his chance to sit down and annoy Raven. That was always the best part of Beast Boy's day. Normally, he would find an opening at least once throughout the day and wander over to Raven to annoy her with some idiotic joke or irritating question and sometimes if he ways very lucky she would crack the most discrete smile or give him a full fleshed response. He felt like that was his real super power. Not turning into animals, but making Raven the quiet demon girl crack a little smile and join in some conversation occasionally. He thought about that smile as he stared off at the kettle in the sink; still shovelling soggy flakes into his mouth.

He had gotten so used to the daily interactions with her, however small they were, over the past months. He'd become accustomed to their interactions being part of his schedule. After Trigon had finally been stopped just a few months prior, Beast Boy had realized that he wanted to spend as much time as he could with his most reclusive teammate. Superheroes typically didn't have long happy lifespans. It was part of the job's hazards and the whole ordeal with Trigon made Beast Boy realize that. One day he may not be around to make people like Raven smile so he'd have to make up for that now. They all had difficult lives but no one had been dealt a hand quite like Raven's. That's how he decided he would start getting closer to her. He wanted to make sure his friend knew he was there for her regardless of her parentage and much to his surprise she seemed to enjoy his daily nuisance. Well, maybe not enjoyed, but she definitely didn't roll her eyes at the sight of him anymore. He really wanted to get inside her mind to see what made her tick, even if just the thought of that gave him a cold chill down his spine. He knew she wasn't the emotionless shell she apparented.

Suddenly, he realized the spoon he had been sucking on was empty, as was his bowl. He shuffled over to the sink and rinsed off his bowl remembering Robin's annoyance whenever he left an unrinsed, unwashed plate in the sink. At least this way it was rinsed. He glanced over to the kettle and hovered a curious hand over it again. The heat radiating off of it had greatly diminished. Without thinking he grabbed a mug off the drying rack and poured out some of the kettle's water into it.

"Ok, now what?"

He started pulling open the cabinets and drawers until he finally spotted what he was looking for. Inside one of the drawers he left open was a treasure trove of Raven's tea bags. He stared at them in confusion. It wasn't like he'd never tried tea before. He had drank some with his parents when he was very young and he had the occasional secret sip from Raven's mug but he had never seen such an assorted variety of teas before. He didn't know which one to pick. He decided to first grab one of the little infusers he had gotten Raven as a gift the past Christmas. He grabbed a little green sloth one and hung the little guy of the edge of his mug and turned back to the teabags. He sighed and closed his eyes before reaching into the drawer and pulling one out at random. He pulled his hand back and had a little dark colored satchel with an attached purple label that read Blackberry Tea in hand. Trying not to think about it too much he shoved the little satchel into the back of the lazy sloth. He let it sit a minute and watched the color of the water change red as the tea diffused. He picked up the mug and took a hesitant sip.

"Bad idea. Yech, definitely needs something sweet."

He scrounged around the cabinets for a few moments before finding a big bottle of honey. He poured a generous amount in and stirred with the little sloth, too lazy to pick up his forgotten spoon in the sink. He took another sip and smiled contentedly. It wasn't bad! With his cup in hand he strolled towards the living room and flicked on the giant TV. Late night black and white films were playing and he merrily curled up on the couch with his lukewarm tea mug to watch them. He quickly finished off his cup and placed it on the floor in front of the couch before returning to cuddling the couch cushions. He was so comfortable and warm and exhausted that a few minutes into watching the film he knocked out; joining his teammates in their dreamless, peaceful sleep.

WOW SO YEAH. I DISAPPEARED OFF THIS SITE FOR YEARS JUST TO COME BACK WITH A TEEN TITANS FIC. WEIRD I KNOW. IF YOU READ IT I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT! THIS WAS GOING TO BE A WHOLESOME ONESHOT BUT I STILL FEEL LIKE WRITING SO WE'LL SEE.

OKAY NOW BUHBYE.