Rose Bud

Don't own the Titans. Cries

Raven stood in a silent corner of the local supermarket and glared at shelves upon shelves of tea boxes. She glared with a ferocity so intense that had there been any passerbys they would have undoubtedly withered in her presence. She cursed under her breath, damning her past self for putting her in this situation.

It wasn't really all that difficult to choose a tea and she had done so on multiple occasions. She was a connoisseur in the art of tea making at this point. It had all started with the herbal teas of Azarath which had no name but always seemed to help soothe her soul and send her into a state of inner serenity. When she arrived on Earth, tea was one of the few things she found welcoming and familiar. The sense of having something that was her own spurred her obsession with the beverage and she soon had learned about all types of methods of making tea and about all the kinds of flavors that existed. She started with the easy and simple flavors of chamomile and mint and worked her way onto stranger arrangements like fennel spice. There were very few flavors she had yet to try from the local market and thus she was no novice when it came to choosing flavors that would either delight or fascinate her refined pallet. So why was this so difficult? Inside her mind a storm was brewing.

"What should we bring him? Something we like?" asked a disembodied voice coolly.

"No, something he likes!" said a voice similar to the other. This one, however, was followed by a sweet giggle.

"Well, what does Beast Boy like?"

"We don't know..." said another nearly identical voice, barely above a whisper.

"We thought he didn't like tea and now he does. We're not exactly qualified for this." This voice was brash and almost aggressive as if it was daring the other voices to disagree with her. "It doesn't matter what we bring so let's just get something we like. It's not like we're trying to impress him. What's it matter if he doesn't like our tea? Better for us!"

"But we are trying to make a good impression. We care about what Garfield thinks." It was the happier voice again. This time she sighed.

"Why do we care about that insect!?" This voice sounded completely different from the other sister voices. This one growled out her words making her sound halfway human halfway Beast.

"He's our teammate," said the brash voice.

"He's our friend!" shouted the happy one.

"He's kind to us..." was remarked. It had come from the whisperer at normal volume and the change in her typically small demeanor silenced the other voices.

Externally, Raven sighed a long and low sigh. She had half a mind to just teleport home and away from this whole situation but in the end her stubbornness won out. She planted herself firmly in place and continued glaring at the bright assortment of tea boxes. After several moments contemplation and several more choice words bring thrown around by her inner emotions, she huffed, eyes shut reaching out to grab a random box. When she opened her eyes she saw she had grabbed a box of black cherry tea. Satisfied with her chance decision she tossed her selection in a basket yet before she could convince herself to go check out she grabbed one of each fruit flavored teas in front of her and dumped them into her basket. She was about to turn to leave the aisle finally having gotten what she came for when she impulsively turned back and blindly reached for a box of something floral for her own pleasure.

She quickly checked out before teleporting back to the Titan's tower. When she reached their kitchen she began to silently unpack the copious amounts of boxes she had purchased. A dark strand of blue hair so dark it almost seemed black fell in front of her face as she busied herself with organizing her new collection of fruity teas into an already cramped drawer. She looked down right disheveled as she accepted her defeat to the restriction of space inside her tea drawer and began packing the excess boxes into her nearly vacant cupboard. She hovered over their shared countertop as dark tendrils organized the boxes; first alphabetically, then by color, then by what degree she assumed Beast Boy would enjoy them. Soon the bottom shelf of her designated area was lined with teas and her cereal and other snacks were shoved into the upper shelves. Satisfied with the new order she had found she shut the cupboard and proceeded to shoot straight through the ceiling and onto the Titan's roof.