One Will Rise

Robin carefully groomed her new pups, taking notice of the runt.

Shadow, her mate, stood at the opening of the den, quietly discussing his pups with the clan cats that had imprisoned them many moons ago. He was a Mackenzie Valley wolf, and his mate was a simple coyote.
"You took on a mate, betrayed your pack, and now have half-blood pups. What're you to do now, Shadow?"
A grey-black she-cat spoke softly to him.
Even as prisoners, Shadow and Robin had befriended the clan cats. "Nightstar, we do not know." He spoke softly, his voice blending into the wind.

As 6 moons passed, the pups were riled, almost all 5 the size of a newly made warrior. Almost. Most of the time, the runt was forgotten. He was unnamed, smaller than his siblings, and too shy to even move from the corner in the medicine den.
" You must move sometime, youngster."
A pale grey blue she-cat smiled down at him as she carefully nudged him.
"I know, Orchidstorm. I'll move when I have to..."
his voice was soft, if you didn't notice him you wouldn't have even known he existed. He would move when he has to.

"And these are juniper berries. Do you remember what they are for?"
The blue-grey she-cat question the small wolf.
"Um...helps others calm down, stops bellyaches...and helps soothe breathing?"
She looked down at him, nodding her head, "Good job, young one. Now, it's time to-" She was cut off by a yowl.
"Nightstar! Evacuate the camp! Hunters have arrived! " 3 warriors ran in, a smaller cat following. Feather named them off in his head. Fernheart, Flamepaw, Mistgaze and Rosepelt. The rest of it was a blur, hearing the whimpers and yelps of pain, the yowls of battle, the screams and grunts of the humans. He was frozen in place, his tail tucked between his legs as he watched his friends, his family fight and fall. He watched as his siblings got killed off, one by one, the half-breeds not good enough for them. He heard a mew, one he knew all too well. I'll move when I have to, and now, I have to! Orchidstorm flipped and turned in the human's arms until she was thrown to the ground with a yelp. The human bent down to grab the runt, but a blur of black and brownish-red had leapt and knocked the human over. He pressed against Orchidstorm in fear, nudging her away until his vision flashes black.

As he opened his eyes, he saw the cats surrounding something, all looking sad, lost, and hurt. He slowly stood up, wobbling and stumbling towards the group of his friends, mainly towards Orchidstorm.
He watched as Orchidstorm stood up, and padded towards the lumps of fur sadly.
"I will protect him, Shadow. We all will." She slowly turned to face the pup, her pale green eyes watery as she bounded up to the highrock, the rest of the cats well enough followed her, taking their places in the bloody clearing. Feather followed, his eyesight on his left side nonexistent. "As we all know, we lost many friends today. Flamepaw fought like a warrior, and we hope he continues his training he deserves in Starclan. We have also lost 4 of Shadow and Robin's pups, as well as them. But with Shadow's dying breaths, he has asked me to take care of his son. As we mourned the loss of our fellow clanmates, this pup he protected me, not only has he lost his family, he lost his eye. I will keep my word, I will protect and raise this pup until my life comes to an end. From this day forward, this young pup shall be named Fallen Feather, and I hope he will defend this clan the same way he defended me. Welcome, Fallen Feather!"