1

"Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot you were here, Hirose."

A regular occurrence courtesy of his quirk. Its such a struggle to help people remember, it's almost easier to let them not notice. To stay forgotten.

"It's okay."

It takes a lot of focus to deactivate his quirk. He's mastered blinking into perception just long enough to remind people he's there, though they forget again moments later. Deactivating it for too long leaves him tired and weak.

When he was younger, it used to bother him. Like any child, he wanted friends. He struggled to be noticed, to be seen, in any way. It never really worked so he adapted and grew used to it. He wanders the world unnoticed and alone.

School can be hard to navigate. He's often marked absent despite being right there. He has to let the teacher know before class that he's present. If he wasn't so used to it, it'd sting.

At home, he might as well live alone. If it wasn't for the picture of him in the living room, he might be forgotten all together. His adoptive father hardly remembers to acknowledge him but the two at least have a note system to interact when needed.

Despite it all, he finds himself desperate to make a difference. Even if he can't be noticed, his actions can be. He set his eyes on being a hero. Saving people even if nobody would know it's him.

So presently he stands at the gates of Yuuei, mentally preparing himself for the entrance exam. When he builds up the courage, he heads inside. He has to pause his quirk for a minute to get signed in but not long enough to get tired.

Making his way to the auditorium, he takes his seat quietly. As expected, nobody notices him. Not that he hoped for any different. The lights dim and he turns his attention to the stage.

"Welcome to today's live performance! Everybody say hey!" A rather famous blond hero grins excitedly. Present Mic.

In a tragic turn of events, nobody responds. He continues with the same energy, explaining the instructions for the practical exam.

Upon hearing everyone was up against robots, Kioshi knew he was done for. His quirk works with people's perceptions in a certain range so he isn't literally invisible. Technology can still detect him.

The instructions are interrupted when a blue haired boy stands abruptly. He asks about the fourth bot, before berating some other kid. It's explained that the fourth bot is simply an arena trap and is to be ignored as it isn't worth any points.

Instructions finish up and everyone is directed to the buses heading to the testing locations. Glancing to his card, he sees he's going to E. He heads for his bus and gets a seat. Someone sits next to him but, unsurprisingly, he remains unnoticed.

Reaching the testing site, he stretches nervously. It appears to be a walled in city, supposedly crawling with bots. There's no way he'll be able to take out any but he may as well try. He makes his way to the crowd and waits. It's quiet for a moment but then-

-a buzzer rings out. "GO!"

Everyone hesitates for a moment, confused at the lack of countdown.

"There's no time to wait in the real world. Consider the baton tossed."

In seconds, everyone is dashing into the arena. Kioshi finds himself dashing after the others. He skids to a stop in front of a bot blocking his path. It looks like a one pointer. The targeting system spins to face him and it almost surprises the small boy for a second.

Then he's dashing out of the way of a shot. The next few minutes are a game of cat and mouse until someone comes along, destroying the bot. The guy mutters something about it glitching out before running off.

All around Kioshi, people are taking out the robots and racking up the points. He glances around, desperately looking for a way to even get a single point when suddenly the ground begins to shake.

Absolute shock ripples through him at the sight of a giant robot coming towards him and all the others.

Everyone starts taking off and he's following after when he sees a girl hesitating. He pauses for a moment before snatching the girl's wrist, dragging her along.

"What the-?!"

He knows she can't perceive him but he's too busy running to pause his quirk so she'll just have to be tugged along by nothing for now.

Escaping from the robot's path, he slows them to a stop and turns to the girl. Her hair is a dark purple and she has earphone jacks hanging from her earlobes.

With a quiet sigh, Kioshi pauses his quirk for a moment. "Sorry. You weren't moving."

"What-? Where did you even come from? Were you invisible?" She eyes him curiously.

"My quirk naturally hides my presence unless I focus on deactivating it. You'll forget I'm here once I stop."

"Oh. Thats... kind of sad."

He shrugs. "I suppose... Are you okay though?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. My name is Kyoka Jiro by the way."

He smiles lightly in response. "I'm Kioshi Hirose. But I'm afraid I have to cut this short as I've got to stop pausing my quirk..."

"Maybe I'll see you around." She grins.

"Maybe."

He releases the quirk and a look of confusion crosses Jiro's features for a second before she shrugs and takes off down the street.

A wave of exhaustion overcomes him after holding the quirk off for so long. Then a buzzer rings out, alerting the end of the practical exam.

Zero points earned and its over. Kioshi sighs quietly and heads back to the buses. If he's lucky, there were other ways to earn points not discussed. Though the odds are stacked against him as usual.

He took the long way home, thinking quietly. After seeing combat was a big factor in the entrance exam, he finds himself wondering if he should learn a suitable fighting technique to work with his quirk.

He started researching combat styles as soon as he got home and began the uneasy wait for his exam scores.

---
I have no self control so
here's another story!!
This is my OC, Kioshi Hirose!
If you guys want me
to post a character profile,
just let me know!

I hope you guys enjoy!!!!