3

On the third day of school, Kioshi was surprised to see a crowd of reporters crowding around the gates. Thankfully, his quirk came in handy for once and he got by completely unnoticed, though he probably did show up on the cameras.

In class, he dutifully took his notes and  listened carefully during lessons. The normal classes are just as boring as they had been in middle school but he knows that having good grades can only help him in his quest to transfer. So he pushes himself to do his absolute best, eager to prove himself.

During lunch, he rambles quietly to Shinso about everything and anything. Finally having someone who can notice him all the time has him making up for lost time. Eventually, he starts going on about his quirk.

"It's called Forget Me Not- which is ironic cause it makes everyone in about a certain vicinity forget me. Though technically it's just sending out signals to block my presence from people's perceptions, they aren't 'forgetting' per say. If I want them to notice me, I have to suppress the signals. But that makes me really tired so I can't do it long."

Shinso speaks up. "Can't you just redirect the signals?"

"Wha... redirect them?"

"Seems like it'd maybe be easier than suppressing them. Just try to direct it to something random instead of yourself so people can notice you."

Kioshi thinks for a moment before responding. "I've actually never considered trying that... Shinso, you're a genius."

The indigo haired boy shrugs. "If you've never done it before it might be hard. I'd offer to help but your quirk doesn't work on me."

"I'll figure something out. Thank yo-"

He's cut off by an siren. It sends a jolt of alarm through his system.

"LEVEL THREE SECURITY BREACH.
PLEASE EVACUATE IN A CALM AND ORGANIZED MANNER."

Confused, he stands up from his seat and looks around. Everyone is in disarray, running towards the exit. A quick glance to the taller teen shows he's just as confused.

Despite the panic around them, Shinso appears completely calm and leads their way towards the exit. The smaller teen follows behind him quietly to stay out of the way.

The hall is filled with students pushing and shoving each other. Kioshi is quickly overwhelmed by it all. His small stature does no favors in the crowd as he's pushed and pulled unpredictably.

In a last ditch effort to stay in place, he grabs Shinso's sleeve. The taller boy glances down but doesn't try to shake him off. Eventually some random kid flies up to the exit sign and gets everyone to calm down. It turns out it was just the press breaking in.

Later, as they head to class, Kioshi considers what the other teen had said. Without having anyone to bounce ideas off of regarding his quirk, he never really considered that it had other aspects of it that he could control.

In class, his attention slips and he finds himself trying to redirect the signals. He determinedly focuses on his pencil, trying to make it the focus of his quirk.

The school day finishes quickly and he remains unseen. Undeterred, he goes home where he tries again and again. Hours pass and nothing changes. He falls asleep trying to make his blanket the focus.

In the morning, he wakes up with one mission on mind. Redirect his quirk. He focuses on random items on the walk to school with no change. He starts to feel frustrated until Shinso nods to him when he makes it to class.

Seeing his new friend- (they're friends right?) -renews his determination and he struggles to make it work. He still takes notes on the lessons but a part of him is focusing on the wastebasket by the teacher's desk.

Lunch rolls around and he's made no progress. He shares this with Shinso and the taller boy thinks quietly before responding.

"Maybe you're trying too hard. Instead of trying to force it, feel out your quirk. Figure out what the signals feel like and then try to manipulate them."

Kioshi nods. "I guess forcing stuff never really works out anyway."

"Just relax. You'll figure it out."

The second half of the day is spent with the small boy trying to figure out what his quirk feels like overall. With it always active, he's grown used to it as a part of him but he needs to tell it apart from himself to control it.

He's startled from his focus when the classroom door is thrown open. Someone comes in and starts talking to the teacher in hushed whispers. The words 'villains', 'attack', and 'USJ' are heard.

The teacher tells the class to study quietly before leaving with the other person. It's silent before the room breaks out in conversation. Someone loudly mentions that USJ is a training facility for the hero department.

Kioshi find himself worried for the hero students. Anyone can tell that a teacher rushing out is a bad thing alone but villains attacking a U.A. facility is terrifying. He couldn't help but wonder- if they're attacking one place, would they attack the school as well?

The teacher returns half an hour later to dismiss everyone. Classes are cancelled for the next day. They aren't given any more information but they are told to be careful. The small boy's walk home is uneventful.

At home, he turns on the news and finally sees what had happened. It turns out class 1-A was at a rescue training facility when villains infiltrated the campus and attacked.

Only two teachers and one student were injured. The motive of the attack hasn't been publicly released but the police seem to be reassured that it isn't anything to panic about. The school has yet to release a statement.

Kioshi is left confused and conflicted at the news of it all. He does want to be a hero, to save people, but just how much danger are the hero students in? He brushes away the thought. After all, it's just a one time thing...

Right?

---
Thank you for reading!!!