2

He eventually found a combat style called Kyusho Jitsu. It focuses on targeting pressure points to cause pain and even incapacitate a target. It would be hard to learn alone but that's easier than trying to find someone to teach a person they can't perceive.

A week passed as he practiced until eventually a letter arrived. The red Yuuei seal was a stark contrast on the paper. Kioshi could only wait a moment before tearing it open. He's greeted with a letter addressing him.

Kioshi Hirose,
We are pleased to inform you of your acceptance into the U.A. General Studies course. Your score on the written test was superb but the practical was lacking as you only earned seven rescue points and zero combat poi-

He stopped reading after that. Of course, even getting into Yuuei was great but... he wants to be a hero. The whole test was stacked against quirks like his. It was bullshit. He growled quietly, pushing out of his chair in frustration.

There has to be a way to get into the hero course after the test. He'll have to train his quirk. Give the school a reason to transfer him over. Prove that he has what it takes.

He takes to studying Kyusho Jitsu everyday. Memorizing pressure points is easy but without anyone to practice with, it's a little hard to ensure he knows exactly where they are. He ends up having to just hope he's got it down.

The days pass swiftly until its the morning for the first day of school. He makes sure to get up early, feeling almost nervous as he gets dressed in his new uniform.

On the way to the school, he finds that he's feeling kind of excited. Hopeful even. Maybe someone will be able to notice him. He pushes the thought down, not ready to get his hopes up.

When he reaches his class, 1-C, he takes his seat in the back of the room. Only a few students are there and none of them notice the small teen.

After the bell rings, the teacher begins to take attendance. Kioshi waits patiently for his name to be called before deactivating his quirk momentarily.

"Kioshi Hirose?"

"Present."

Afterwards, they're led to the auditorium for orientation. Kioshi walks towards the back of the group, trying to stay out of everyone's way.

He's startled by a hand tapping his shoulder. He turns to see a tired teen with wild, indigo hair behind him.

"I saw you at the practical exam."

Shocked at the attention, Kioshi hesitates before responding.

"You... you saw me? You see me now?"

The guy looks confused. "Yeah? I mean you aren't invisible."

"I'm sorry its just- um my quirk naturally blocks my presence from people's perceptions. It makes them forget me kind of. But you..."

"I can see you."

"I've never met anyone who could notice me without stopping my quirk."

"Well now you have." He holds out a hand. "Hitoshi Shinso."

The small boy takes it, meeting indigo eyes. "Kioshi Hirose."

After the orientation, Kioshi found he gravitated towards Shinso. The other boy didn't seem to mind his company, content with being followed.

"You said you saw me at the practical exam. Does that mean you were trying for the hero course, too?"

Shinso nods. "Yeah. My quirk doesn't really work with robots. Only people."

"Mine doesn't either. Everyone thought the bots after me were glitchi-"

He's interrupted when a girl walks up to Shinso. "Who are you talking to?"

Kioshi practically deflates. Before he can deactivate his quirk, the indigo haired teen glances to the smaller boy with a hint of a smile and a mischievous glint to his eyes before responding.

"A ghost."

Going along with his response, Kioshi pauses his quirk for a second before letting it hide him again. The girl stares at him for a second as if trying to convince herself of what she saw. She glances to Shinso, looking almost scared.

"...Yuuei's haunted?"

"I guess."

Soon the two of them are alone again. Kioshi laughs quietly as the girl runs off, glancing up to Shinso with a smile.

"I'm a ghost?"

The taller boy shrugs. "Yeah, might as well be."

"Fair enough."

The rest of the day passed quickly. It was really just normal first day of school stuff. Shinso remained the only person to notice Kioshi while his quirk was active.

On the way home, he found himself delighted to have met someone who could notice him. He wonders why for a moment before deciding it might have something to do with Shinso's quirk, whatever it is.

The following day, normal classes begin. Because he's in General Studies, he only has normal classes. Its frustrating to know he's in a hero school but not learning to be a hero.

During lunch, he sits with Shinso. The rest of their class has seemingly decided that the indigo haired teen befriended a ghost that haunts the school which has him bemused at the very least.

"So, how come your quirk doesn't work on me?"

The smaller boy shrugs. "I'm not sure. I assume it has something to do with whatever your quirk is. Maybe we cancel each other out. If that is the case, then your quirk might not work on me either."

Shinso looks uncomfortable for a moment before he relaxes again. "My quirk is brainwashing. I can control anyone who verbally responds to me if I activate it."

"That's a really powerful quirk. Definitely useful for a pro hero."

The taller boy grins slightly. "A hero?"

"Yeah, you'd be an amazing hero! I bet there's other ways to get into the course. If we train, maybe we can transfer and become heroes together."

"Together? Like a team?"

"If you wanted."

Shinso nods. "Yeah, alright. We'll transfer and become heroes together."

---
Nobody:

Me, writing Shinso in:
it's not the story they want,
but it's the story they need

Thanks for reading!!!